03:37 PM on 05/06/13
Mikke182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i agree
08:07 PM on 05/06/13
Whatareyoudylan
User Info.
They're very cheaply made. Apparently, the guys at FYE told my mom it was essential for anyone who wants a turntable. Someone should fire them.

It does it's job but I'm planning to upgrade pretty soon.
Hahahaha FYE people!
08:16 PM on 05/06/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
They're very cheaply made. Apparently, the guys at FYE told my mom it was essential for anyone who wants a turntable. Someone should fire them.

It does it's job but I'm planning to upgrade pretty soon.
Wait, FYE is still a company?
06:51 AM on 05/07/13
holdyourbreathx
Next show: Skate and Surf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I collected records for a few years before buying a record player because vinyl was just freakin cool. The larger album art and liner notes not to mention the cool variants were the reasons I stated collecting but then I got bit by the bug and wanted to own my favorite albums on vinyl. It has something to do with listening to the album in its entirety the way the artist intended. Listening to albums on vinyl has made me appreciate songs that I hadn't liked as much before I listened through the entire album. My record collection has expanded into triple digits at this point and I've never once justified it with the fact that vinyl sounds better. I mean throw on any victory pressings and you can hear how terrible they sound. I have a Crosley portable player with me at school because I'm not moving my entire system with me up here, but when I've had a crappy day and need a spin of Owen's "At Home With Owen" or Brand New's "Deja Entendu" (you better believe I actually listen to it and don't just stare at it) it does the trick just fine.
07:35 PM on 05/19/13
Qazwerds1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Discussing the decibel range of human hearing has no relevance to the quality of sound I hear within my personal range. I routinely play a CD on one channel and the some album on LP format using another channel to switch back and forth and confirm for myself that I enjoy the vinyl channel more (not for the packaging, though the reason I started is product longevity). To me... not a musician, not some big shot telling people how they should think, gloating my knowledge, etc, etc... I think the nuances within a recording sound equal to the stronger portions of the mix on my vinyl channel. I hear distinctions in the mix that I do not hear on CD or mp3. So my opinion is... F this guy and his elitist tone.
01:39 AM on 12/29/13
abiquu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
<a href="http://www.bookie7.com">Agen Bola</a> You don't have to worry about sounding superficial. When the reporter asks you, "So why pay 20 bucks for a piece of plastic, when the digital version is available for one third the price?" I give you permission to say, "Hey dick, why do people pay $80 to have a crocodile on their shirt? Cause that little dude has style!"

<a href="http://goo.gl/xZxcx9">Taruhan bola</a> Vinyl has style. It's got history. It's got potential. It's not just music. It's a physical representation of music. When you hold the vinyl version of an album you love in your hand, you feel like you're closer to the album. You feel like you're supporting the album. You feel like you're supporting the band. You feel like you know something that some other poor schmuck doesn't.

Sumber: www.bookie7.com
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums