Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
Amazing!
So deserved. The new album is sick.
08:56 AM on 05/07/08
myplasticyou
the future is x-rated
User Info.
my brother told me that on the current tour (at least in DC) half the show was like karaoke with fans choosing and singing tracks
08:58 AM on 05/07/08
dustyfloors
Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
I think someone who had such vindictive words against mainstream conformity in the music industry should be ashamed of himself. Way to entirely contradict what you stood for.

I kinda laughed at this.
Should Slug be ashamed that the mainstream came to him?
They released this through Rhymesayers. The label they own. Not Epic or Columbia or something.
Not to mention they didn't even send copies out to press and only held 2 listening parties on each coast to prevent a link.
Doesn't sound like conforming to me.
Sounds like the mainstream is just finally getting a taste of good music.
10:13 AM on 05/07/08
sundaydrivetsl
User Info.
The new Album is great. Give it a few listens and you'll be hooked. Its a chill, head bobbin album with great lyrics. The Skinny is about cigarettes and quitting smoking, the play on words are great. Yesterday is a sick track about his father... The whole album is like one of those movies that all come together at the end. Like a Pulp Fiction or like a Departed or something, all the tracks play off of each other and you hear some reoccuring themes. its great.
10:25 AM on 05/07/08
sundaydrivetsl
User Info.
So was Kate Nash, Tegan and Sara, Matt White, Cobra Starship, Gossip!, Paramore, Panic At The Disco, Lupe Fiasco . . . I mean, I could go on.

Why the hell is this band any different? All people are going to do now is complain that MTV ruined their favorite band, and be like, "I knew them before this album." It's a freaking cycle for God sake. Nobody's going to like this band by the end of the week, because MTV will have overplayed and therefore, ruined them.

So, no. MTV didn't do something right.

nah, theyll be ok. theres a reason theyve stayed independent. slug-"I still say fuck a major label till it limps"... Slug and atmosphere are everything against major exposure. Theyll be ok. Minneap represent
10:27 AM on 05/07/08
sundaydrivetsl
User Info.
These guys put out like 50 new songs a year too... 4 or 5 EPs and then a few free DLs and sometimes albums.
10:47 AM on 05/07/08
boykosaurus
---
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They deserve it, good for them.
10:51 AM on 05/07/08
ohshootholler
User Info.
the atmosphere karaoke is golden. last night in los angeles there was this kid who looked like he belonged more at a used show than atmosphere, but he fucking rocked mattress. incredible. he called himself 'ice rod,' too.
10:52 AM on 05/07/08
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
I saw this. I was sorta surprised, but not as surprised as seeing Alkaline trio on the Hills.

lol yeah my friend was watchign that the other day and she was like. alkaline trio was just on the hills, it was a pretty huge suprise haha
02:24 PM on 05/07/08
SevenRock
User Info.
First it was Aesop Rock, now its Atmosphere...i wish mtv would just stay away from anything legit and remain worthless to those who truly appreciate good music
02:57 PM on 05/07/08
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
So was Kate Nash, Tegan and Sara, Matt White, Cobra Starship, Gossip!, Paramore, Panic At The Disco, Lupe Fiasco . . . I mean, I could go on.

Why the hell is this band any different? All people are going to do now is complain that MTV ruined their favorite band, and be like, "I knew them before this album." It's a freaking cycle for God sake. Nobody's going to like this band by the end of the week, because MTV will have overplayed and therefore, ruined them.

So, no. MTV didn't do something right.

you are a whiny bitch.

First it was Aesop Rock, now its Atmosphere...i wish mtv would just stay away from anything legit and remain worthless to those who truly appreciate good music

if it's good music, most of it will fly over peoples heads anyway, and those who give a shit will check the group out, and in turn gain them a handful of new fans. pull your head out of your ass.
04:23 PM on 05/07/08
sundaydrivetsl
User Info.
Just because you have to think a little bit doesnt mean its bad... I just think many people dont "get" it....
05:07 PM on 05/07/08
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
That's really good for them. They deserve to be more known.
06:48 PM on 05/07/08
ThingsFallApart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"cool." atmosphere is for white girls. listen to mobb deep.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos