AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Skate and Surf Fest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Skate and Surf Fest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: John D. (Skate & Surf Festival)

Posted by: Jake Denning (05/07/13)
We're very proud to be a sponsor on this year's Skate & Surf Festival, held at The Festival Grounds at Six Flags in New Jersey, May 18th and 19th. Featured headlining acts include: Fall Out Boy, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and A Day To Remember. You can read our interview with founder John D. here. If you don't already have tickets to this year's festival, you can pick one up over here.
"Yeah, who would’ve thought, right? I never thought we’d get to 7500, and now we’re probably going to exceed 10,000, who would’ve thought? When we booked this in October/November, there was people questioning Fall Out Boy – what would the return be like? So if you were to tell me back then that this week Fall Out Boy would have the number one album, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis would have two of the top ten songs on radio, I would’ve told you to get lost because it was impossible…well, not exactly impossible, because it’s happening."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
10:29 AM on 05/07/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
worst festival?
10:39 AM on 05/07/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I would bend over backwards just to have the opportunity to attend, sounds like such a blast. Very envious of those who are in the area or are able to fly out.
11:20 AM on 05/07/13
XIMBOREDOFYOUX1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was a little hesitant til they switched it to six flags. Now i dont have to sit around waiting all day for glassjaw and rx bandits to play.
11:25 AM on 05/07/13
xerickx24
Shots Fired
User Info.
I would bend over backwards just to have the opportunity to attend, sounds like such a blast. Very envious of those who are in the area or are able to fly out.
Agreed
12:01 PM on 05/07/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
Went last year (well, Bamboozle) for Brand New- wish I could go again this year. So much fun.
12:12 PM on 05/07/13
texan4lif281
User Info.
Wish I had the money to travel to go to this. Quite a roadtrip from Austin.
12:13 PM on 05/07/13
untitled94
User Info.
I can't wait for it honestly. I was never a huge fest fan but this should be a great time
05:11 PM on 05/07/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I had tickets and then my family scheduled a vacation... we fly back into New York at 7am on Sunday and I keep pondering whether or not the jet lag would ruin my ability to enjoy it, but I wanna go soooo bad.
05:19 PM on 05/07/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I had tickets and then my family scheduled a vacation... we fly back into New York at 7am on Sunday and I keep pondering whether or not the jet lag would ruin my ability to enjoy it, but I wanna go soooo bad.

GO MAN GO
05:56 PM on 05/07/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
didn't Six Flags say they would never have another "heavy" rock concert again or some shit?
06:06 PM on 05/07/13
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
I'm going because I couldn't get FOB tickets for anywhere else. I'm going to hate the rest of my time there. I'm glad it got moved to Six Flags because now I can think of it a day at Six Flags with an added FOB concert.
06:17 PM on 05/07/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I'm going because I couldn't get FOB tickets for anywhere else. I'm going to hate the rest of my time there. I'm glad it got moved to Six Flags because now I can think of it a day at Six Flags with an added FOB concert.
You can always see Into It.Over It., I Call Fives, and Andrew W.K. - most people who are fans of music in general will enjoys these acts. If you like metalcore, go see Of Mice & Men, their most recent set is pretty cool.
06:38 PM on 05/07/13
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
You can always see Into It.Over It., I Call Fives, and Andrew W.K. - most people who are fans of music in general will enjoys these acts. If you like metalcore, go see Of Mice & Men, their most recent set is pretty cool.
I've actually never listened to any Andrew WK so I might try to catch his set since I know the name
06:41 PM on 05/07/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I've actually never listened to any Andrew WK so I might try to catch his set since I know the name
It's absolutely impossible to have a terrible time at an Andrew W.K. show.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests