AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Wonder Years News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Wonder Years
Inside AP.net

The Wonder Years "The Greatest Generation"...

Posted by: Christian Wagner (05/08/13)
Stream The Wonder Years' new record The Greatest Generation in its entirety here. You can read some first impressions on the record from Jason and Drew, and Thomas' review should be live this week as well. Is this album meeting your expectations? Surpassing? Let us know in the comments. Remember, the record hits stores on May 14th and you can pre-order it via iTunes here.
It's 2013 and no one that wasn't supposed to have our record got it until we mailed them out. It's shocking and really a nice feeling that a bond of mutual respect with everyone who had the press stream kept the album where it belonged.

Now, the record is streaming so you can listen guilt free. Like I said, its 2013. I know how shit works. Music is free if you want it to be, so why pay for it? To that, I say, touché. I get it. I understand but I'd like to counter with this: it's $10.

Crime in Stereo said this to me once and it really struck me. Just stop and think about what you'd spend $10 on; one trip to chipotle? Going to a movie if it's a cheap one? Maybe a t-shirt from like Urban Outfitters if its on sale? Two beers at a bar?

We put in months of our lives into this record. We sweat and we froze in a shitty practice space. We argued and fought tooth and nail over every song. We spent weeks of 15 hour days at the studio working until we physically couldn't anymore literally getting frustrated to the point of punching walls because we didn't get it perfect. And that doesn't even begin to account for financial shit. But forget all that. What's most important is that we feel all the way down to our bones that this is our best record to date and the critics seem to agree.

It's not intended as a guilt trip or like I'm pleading with you. It's just a suggestion: next time you're about to go to chipotle, maybe eat what your mom made or use your college meal card or make something yourself. The next time you're gonna go to the bar, split a 30 pack with some buddies and drink at home. I'm suggesting you take that $10 and buy The Greatest Generation because we think its worth it and it matters to us as a band that you do. That's all. Hope your lives are great. See you this summer.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 604
03:00 PM on 05/08/13
skoopy48
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh yeah

last song is so amazing
03:00 PM on 05/08/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
OH YEAH BABY.
03:03 PM on 05/08/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

03:04 PM on 05/08/13
gman610
Second Best
User Info.
Good move to put this up now.
Turkeylegz
C'est La Vie
User Info.
I'm so ready!
seanr91
User Info.
I'm just gonna lock myself in my house now. Goodbye world
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Let me check this bitch out.
03:05 PM on 05/08/13
Tucker SL!
Secret Lives! / Tucker
User Info.
good god damn. well done fellas.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Just finished my homework, contemplating just typing out first thoughts song by song...
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
what a fucking awesome album. well done, guys. in love with it already.
03:07 PM on 05/08/13
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.
Fuck yeah's all around!
03:07 PM on 05/08/13
Tucker SL!
Secret Lives! / Tucker
User Info.
Just finished my homework, contemplating just typing out first thoughts song by song...
yea, i finished my last organic 2 exam and came home to this. that last track btw, fucking ay.
03:09 PM on 05/08/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Easily the band's best album. Some of the strongest songs of the genre today. That closer is holy shit.
03:09 PM on 05/08/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.

Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music