Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32
02:50 PM on 05/10/13
Dustin Harkins
2014 AP Dynasty League Champion
User Info.
Tanner quit the band, at least I think he did.
Oh really? Didn't know that, shows how long it's been since I've paid attention to Texas music haha.
03:36 PM on 05/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Fuck the punk scene
User Info.
There are a couple of labels out there that I'll at least try and check out everything they sign and be more willing to buy stuff from them, but Victory is the only label I'll never buy a record from regardless of how good the band is. Why is AP even giving this label press coverage?
Presumably just because the kind of bands they've signed over the years fall in line with the tastes of a lot users.
03:38 PM on 05/10/13
danperez
Youtube.com/RobotRepairingItself
User Info.
Surprisingly Victory is on a streak lately, Fall City River is excellent and Contunents sounds good.

You mean: Fall City Fall. And hells yeah FCF are excellent. They definitely satisfy my TheChariot-like needs.
04:06 PM on 05/10/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
You mean: Fall City Fall. And hells yeah FCF are excellent. They definitely satisfy my TheChariot-like needs.
Whoops, I always call them that for some reason.
09:55 PM on 05/10/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't know why any band signs with Victory at this point.

I mean clearly I understand the basic reasons, but the CEO is a stealing jackass.
came here to say this.
09:59 PM on 05/10/13
wakeuptexas
Who Is Deer House?
User Info.
Oh really? Didn't know that, shows how long it's been since I've paid attention to Texas music haha.

Yeah, Bryce moved from guitar to vocals due to carpal tunnel.
01:06 PM on 05/11/13
KidASquared
sung by a hack
User Info.
When I saw the headline I immediately assumed that the Victory Records quidditch team had found a new seeker. It took me a few seconds to realize that none of that made any logical sense in the world of reality.
this.
02:18 PM on 05/11/13
Oeightyfour
User Info.
I don't know why any band signs with Victory at this point.

I mean clearly I understand the basic reasons, but the CEO is a stealing jackass.
Signing to Victory is a dumb move, but for a band with this type of sound - it's not that bad of a deal. Because these type of bands won't have a form of "radio success" so they won't really need to be worried about being robbed of too much. ha
02:59 PM on 05/11/13
spokenword
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Signing to Victory is a dumb move, but for a band with this type of sound - it's not that bad of a deal. Because these type of bands won't have a form of "radio success" so they won't really need to be worried about being robbed of too much. ha
Actually it works out really well for smaller hardcore/metal bands. These bands typically sell a lot of merch, and Victory gives out massive amounts of tour support in the form of free merchandise. They don't sell a ton of records, so there's not much to steal.
03:10 PM on 05/11/13
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How is Victory Records even a thing anymore ?
09:59 PM on 05/11/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Only thing I care about when it comes to Victory is that Close Your Eyes are recording a new record in the next month
10:34 PM on 05/11/13
OvercastSunrise
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When I saw the headline I immediately assumed that the Victory Records quidditch team had found a new seeker. It took me a few seconds to realize that none of that made any logical sense in the world of reality.

This
12:10 PM on 05/12/13
iamalexenglish
In brightest day...
User Info.
Well that band is screwed due to the record company.
05:25 PM on 05/12/13
ITS A TRAP!
ITS PERFECTLY SAFE!
User Info.
this made me laugh. hard.
07:40 AM on 05/13/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.
I'm the guy that bought the Ne-Yo album. Not the guy that still talks about that though. Just kidding yes I am. Do yourself a favor and listen to modern Hawthorne Heights.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos