03:57 PM on 05/13/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
ALBUM IS TOO DAMN GOOD
04:00 PM on 05/13/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Lol settle down guys - it's not even June

Having said that, the opening track is arresting. One of the best openers I've heard in a long long time. Terrific.
04:15 PM on 05/13/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Post title makes me wonder -- does anyone else find saying "New National Album" weirdly odd?

Most bands I don't bat an eye if you drop the "The". Like "I'm a big Beatles fan" is totally fine. Its not a plural thing, because I don't see a problem with "I'm a big Cure fan" either. And like, you certainly wouldn't want to say "I'm a big The National fan".

But like, "I'm a big National fan" or "The new National Album" both strike me as really weird sounding (not as bad as if you kept the The, but still odd). I always find myself wanting to rephrase referring to it as "I'm a big fan of The National".

Can't think of any other band off the top of my head for which this property holds.
04:17 PM on 05/13/13
mattlieberman7
matt lieberman
User Info.
Excited to check this out. Have only recently discovered them but think they're so unique.
04:18 PM on 05/13/13
Mitch
this is water
User Info.
Great album. Excited to receive the box set.
04:28 PM on 05/13/13
signal to noise
User Info.
their best work yet.

also, like someone said earlier, its only one week early.
04:29 PM on 05/13/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Post title makes me wonder -- does anyone else find saying "New National Album" weirdly odd?

Most bands I don't bat an eye if you drop the "The". Like "I'm a big Beatles fan" is totally fine. Its not a plural thing, because I don't see a problem with "I'm a big Cure fan" either. And like, you certainly wouldn't want to say "I'm a big The National fan".

But like, "I'm a big National fan" or "The new National Album" both strike me as really weird sounding (not as bad as if you kept the The, but still odd). I always find myself wanting to rephrase referring to it as "I'm a big fan of The National".

Can't think of any other band off the top of my head for which this property holds.

Are you high? This is such a high thought/ramble.
04:31 PM on 05/13/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
isn't that just a week early then?
lol yeah - I can't remember where I am in this month
04:59 PM on 05/13/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.

I agree with this thought process haha
05:00 PM on 05/13/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
lol yeah - I can't remember where I am in this month
if it makes you feel better the only reason I realized was because I know the TWY record comes out the 14th haha
05:15 PM on 05/13/13
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
Yeah, not really feeling any of these songs.
05:27 PM on 05/13/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeah, not really feeling any of these songs.
After seeing your posts today bout Daft Punk and now this ... I am comfortable saying your ears depress me.
05:58 PM on 05/13/13
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
this is the album of the year. the only thing i can see topping it for me is if Kanye's record is better than MBDTF, which idk if that's even possible.
06:10 PM on 05/13/13
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
After seeing your posts today bout Daft Punk and now this ... I am comfortable saying your ears depress me.
Hahahaha, I had a feeling my post would sort of rile you up.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests