Username
Password
Apple/iTunes News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 59.
06:13 PM on 05/13/13
Jake Z
The Coma Kid
User Info.
I know differing opinions draw nothing but shit here, but am I the only one who can't get into this guys voice? I want to like this band but so far cannot do it just yet. I see the talent etc but anyone else feel this way?

Also, feel the same about Kanye. His flow and voice just annoy me, but then again I grew up on more rap,not hip hop. Ok, flame away.
06:16 PM on 05/13/13
RuckerPark
OutwardsInWords.com
User Info.
my aoty's so far. no order.

Vampire Weekend
James Blake
National
Daft Punk
06:16 PM on 05/13/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
This is the first follow-up record this year I've breathed a sigh of relief over. Yes, it's way more subtle than High Violet, yet doesn't deviate much from what the National has done in the past...but so what? I've grown to really enjoy The National because of their consistency: their songs are memorable, Matt Berninger is a fantastic storyteller, and their albums age really well imo (I listen to High Violet and now Boxer regularly still) This record's no exception...beautiful stuff.

I haven't even begun to think about what my AOTY is yet...you all are crazy.
06:20 PM on 05/13/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I know differing opinions draw nothing but shit here, but am I the only one who can't get into this guys voice? I want to like this band but so far cannot do it just yet. I see the talent etc but anyone else feel this way?

Also, feel the same about Kanye. His flow and voice just annoy me, but then again I grew up on more rap,not hip hop. Ok, flame away.
love his voice - but it takes some getting used to for sure.
06:21 PM on 05/13/13
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
the National is probably my favorite band, so when they release a record that is easily their first or second best, i feel completely comfortable saying "AOTY".
06:26 PM on 05/13/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
lol yeah - I can't remember where I am in this month
One week.
06:28 PM on 05/13/13
Jake Z
The Coma Kid
User Info.
love his voice - but it takes some getting used to for sure.

Thanks Jason I thought I was crazy bc I had never seen anyone here comment on his voice. I will give this new album a fair chance.
06:40 PM on 05/13/13
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.

I used to be the same way, but after listening to their albums I got used to it. It's definitely unique.
06:50 PM on 05/13/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.

I think I first checked them out maybe as early as 2005 and had the same difficulty. Then they released "Afraid of Everyone" five years later and I was officially on board. Took long enough for me to even get used to it enough to enjoy, but they navigated a very quick ascent to the upper echelon of my favorite bands.

06:54 PM on 05/13/13
Jake Z
The Coma Kid
User Info.
I think I first checked them out maybe as early as 2005 and had the same difficulty. Then they released "Afraid of Everyone" five years later and I was officially on board. Took long enough for me to even get used to it enough to enjoy, but they navigated a very quick ascent to the upper echelon of my favorite bands.

Good insight, I will keep trying and hopefully it will click. What album is most accessible for newbies?
07:27 PM on 05/13/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Trouble found me when I was young.
07:37 PM on 05/13/13
AtTheEquinox
User Info.
Feel like I should hold off on this
09:02 PM on 05/13/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
This album is up next on my "to listen to" list this week. I think it's safe to say that this week is the best week for album releases/streams all year. The Wonder Years, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Bad Rabbits, Heart in Hand have all been stellar
09:06 PM on 05/13/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.

rap and hip-hop are literally the same thing
09:25 PM on 05/13/13
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
AOTY so far, "I Need My Girl" and "Sea of Love" rank among their best.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests