Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
12:12 AM on 05/14/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
So in your Suburbia review (or at least the comments) you mentioned that it was their Deja Entendu and I thought that was a perfect description. The Upsides (much like YFW) was a great pop punk record, but Suburbia was genre defining. Does it fit to call this their Devil and God or is that pushing the metaphor too much?

(Clearly there are difference. I don't think the musical difference between this and Suburbia is as stark as the Deja/TDAG difference, but then neither was the Upsides/Suburbia difference. content wise also TWY created a trilogy where as BN just created three different albums. But in terms of legacy, which is what the original comparison was really all about in the first place, this album seals any doubt about who the best band in the newer breed of pop punk is much like TDAG did for Brand New and their scene. I still think its a little early to say just where this album stands in comparison to Suburbia, but after the first few listens I'd probably put it a little higher so all in all it still seems like a fairly accurate metaphor.)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos