AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
05:49 AM on 05/14/13
btown4life
User Info.
Great review! I finally got to give it a serious listen when my download code arrived yesterday.

I’ve only been listening to TWY for a year now, so I’ve been playing catch up. For the past year, I’ve had The Upsides and Suburbia on in my car, switching between them every so often. I enjoy The Upsides; that album takes me back to being a generally carefree college kid. You can see the both the lyrical and musical progression to Suburbia, another album which I really love. Until now, Suburbia seemed to be the album that defined my life at its current point. Then The Greatest Generation comes along and completely blows my mind. In my case, it’s “Jesus Christ, I’m 31” but the sentiment is still very much the same.

They’ve managed to write a record that describes life as a late twenty-something year old (and beyond) but yet still appeals to the younger kids. The last couple shows I went to (The Stone Pony in March and the church this past Friday) really drove that home- through the sea of teens, you could definitely spot a good number of “adults”, everyone relating to the words in their own way. I can't help but think of how kids will look back on this record, much like people my age regard SWYA or TTTYG, among others

Hearing “Screen Door” live was incredible, and gave me chills in a 90 plus degree room. This morning on the way to work (after noticing that TGG was already in the top 20 on ITunes) it nearly brought me to tears. I can’t even tell you the last time that happened to me. I think it was partially due to a genuine group of people seeing the success they deserve, and partially the realization that none of us are alone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos