Username
Password

Comments: Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 213
11:18 AM on 05/15/13
Zee-Brah!
Jacked up on Jesus
User Info.
Eh only album of theirs I really like is Get Stoked on it.
11:35 AM on 05/15/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean, you kind of are being "that guy," because the band changed completely since then and improved to levels that you can't really predict when you're listening to songs about land pirates or whatever
Of course the band has changed. I'm glad they have. They've progressed. My point still stands: they weren't a fluke to begin with.
02:29 PM on 05/15/13
jorbjorb
User Info.
southern air takes a nice poop on this record
02:31 PM on 05/15/13
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
What's great about it is how seamlessly the mashup at the end fits together. Melodies from one song fit perfectly with melodies from another and they all transition perfectly except the slightly jarring transition from the Raindance line into the There, There line to kick it off.
I can see the way that it all fits together, but some parts just seem forced. Like repeating the airport and hospital part exactly as it is in "Dismantling Summer". Don't get me wrong, still love how everything fits together in the end. Still great songwriting.
03:45 PM on 05/15/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Listening to it for the first time now. I can't get over how amazing of a song "The Devil in My Bloodstream" is. This will definitely my favorite album from them.
05:24 PM on 05/15/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I definitely don't like it better than Suburbia and to say it is exponentially better than Suburbia is preposterous whether it is or not.
05:24 PM on 05/15/13
CoopDawg
aka AbsolutePunks Human Sacrifice
User Info.
Question: Is it better than "Born to Run?"
11:39 PM on 05/15/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I feel like I wanna say I like Suburbia better but the more I listen to the album the more things about it I find to love. This is lightyears better than The Upsides and am starting to connect with this album on a personal level even more than Suburbia. Not many pop punk bands tackle such mature and personal themes.
07:49 AM on 05/16/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Question: Is it better than "Born to Run?"
lol. at least there is a born to run reference in the second track.
08:41 AM on 05/17/13
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
User Info.
I cannot stop listening to this album.
11:34 AM on 05/17/13
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
Okay so after listening to this album for about 50 times and buying it, I just think I expected much more from the lyrics. Hearing all of Soupy's interviews and reading the inside of the album, I would expect huge lyrics beyond anything Soupy has done. Now to criticize my favorite part of this band feels wrong, but I did expect much more.

When I let go of my expectations, I still feel like these lyrics are huge in a different way. I as well battle with depression and after listening, I was able to admit this to my best friend. That's a crazy reaction. That's what music can do. I think this band deserves so much praise for what they do, and me being a HUGE fan, I'm still happy to say TGG is my favorite album this year (so far).
07:49 AM on 05/18/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
My only critique would be that I think they pulled off Madelyn perfectly. I think they accomplished what they wanted to with that song.
04:25 PM on 05/18/13
kajaldesor
kajaldesor
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is amazing. One of TWY's best albums.
04:40 AM on 05/19/13
Kelly Doherty
@DylanintheMovie
User Info.
Thanks to study, I haven't been able to listen to the album fully, but this is a perfect review. Absolutely wonderful.
07:18 AM on 05/19/13
tjdohner21
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My head was In a pretty shitty place last night so I went to the cd store near by and ended up buying this new album. It is phenomenal.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos