Username
Password

Album Review - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 213.
08:41 AM on 05/14/13
JeffyDomer
Things are the same.
User Info.
So far my least favorite is teenage parents, songs still awesome though.
08:53 AM on 05/14/13
IAmConjuringYou
User Info.
this record has some good bits but after three or four listens i still haven't found a single song that connects like say, came out swinging or woke up older from the last album
maybe i'll have to spend more time with it

and if not, well, with so many albums by awesome bands coming out this year, some of them had to miss the mark. here's hoping into it over it and saves the day don't disappoint!
08:56 AM on 05/14/13
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
I love this album. It's funny though, the songs you said that had the best choruses (We Could Die Like This, Teenage Parents, A Raindance in Traffic) I felt were the weakest of the album. Conversely, I thought An American Religion was one of the best songs on the record. Just goes to show this album is good all over!
08:58 AM on 05/14/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I know there's no score because of the feeling that you don't HAVE to give it a rating to show it's a good album, but it would help if you did so it would appear in the "Best New Music" section, instead of warding people off with a -3% score.

Great review though, I love this album and I think it eclipses everything TWY have done. Since the leak, I'm on my 17th playthrough.
i'm just going to make it a 10/10 in a couple weeks so it registers on shit like that. i'm not some mysterious writer i just want people to listen to the record and decide for themselves.
08:59 AM on 05/14/13
klaszlogt
User Info.
So why is the final verdict 3%...?
09:00 AM on 05/14/13
rsgrdnr
User Info.
this and the vampire weekend review this week have reaffirmed why i love this site. you guys are great. also this album really pulled me into TWY, can't say i listened to them religiously before this, but i bought this album without hesitation because i could tell it was something special. "there, there" is an early favorite for me.
09:02 AM on 05/14/13
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
Yikes
09:02 AM on 05/14/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I can't believe people still have to say "don't look at the score, read the review" on a review where there is no score.
09:03 AM on 05/14/13
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
this just might be the most anticipated album on AP.net ever. i have to listen to this.

don't think it'll top Suburbia, though.

and am i the only one who loved the score ratings as they were? seeing something like Don't Panic getting straight 9's when I think it should be a 9.5 in vocals and a 7.5 in creativity kind of puts me off.

i get that, for Thomas, this one should probably be a 10.
09:14 AM on 05/14/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
this just might be the most anticipated album on AP.net ever. i have to listen to this.

don't think it'll top Suburbia, though.

and am i the only one who loved the score ratings as they were? seeing something like Don't Panic getting straight 9's when I think it should be a 9.5 in vocals and a 7.5 in creativity kind of puts me off.

i get that, for Thomas, this one should probably be a 10.
I agree with you. The categories might have caused more debates but I thought that was a good system for rating albums. Unfortunately, it seems most people hated it.
09:15 AM on 05/14/13
hometownblues_
Sam
User Info.
i'm just going to make it a 10/10 in a couple weeks so it registers on shit like that. i'm not some mysterious writer i just want people to listen to the record and decide for themselves.
Haha, alright dude, nice one. Great review, glad you're okay after all that hospital stuff.
09:15 AM on 05/14/13
Timekeeper
Writer
User Info.
Stellar review. I liked that it wasn't about putting an arbitrary numerical score to entice people to listen to the record. It's worth experiencing.

#GoodForYouThomasNassiff
09:17 AM on 05/14/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
3%??????????????????????!!??!?!!???
Didn't read the review I see.

It is 3% as he choose not to score it and let people leave their own score. Read the review and don't judt jump to conclusions with the score. Why even bother looking at reviews if your than ignorant. This statement is true to anyone who is asking about the 3%. Learn to read and if your busy than read later.
09:19 AM on 05/14/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Fantastic review, Thomas. I believe this is your best review yet. I could show someone your review and they could totally get that you know what you're talking about when it comes to TWY.

Standouts: "There, There," "We Could Die Like This," "The Devil In My Bloodstream," "I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral"

Honestly, I was expecting a little more expanding of their sound, so I think that made the impact from the album a little weaker than Subrubia's progression from The Upsides. However, they've really topped themselves here in every category. They've mastered the craft they created with Suburbia.

The only songs I think should not have made the cut are An American Religion and Madelyn. I think the former just doesn't quite pack enough of a punch that the rest of the album does and the latter feels very out of place.

I don't know if Soupy, or anyone in the band, will read through this thread, but I remember Soupy saying in an interview (I think with you, Thomas) that the band would always strive for good before with The Upsides and Suburbia, but he believes this album is the band's first great album.

Well, Soupy, (or Nick, or anyone) if you're reading this, I completely agree with that remark. This is your first truly great album. I give it an 8.5/10.
09:41 AM on 05/14/13
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
cool
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music