Username
Password

Album Review - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 213.
11:09 AM on 05/14/13
Alex Pates
Hi...
User Info.
Fucking awesome opening and closing tracks seem to be one thing you can always expect from these guys. This album kicks so much ass
11:19 AM on 05/14/13
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
Why isn't there more #GFYTN ??????
11:27 AM on 05/14/13
The Grey Man
Team Larz
User Info.
You guys are makin' my dreams come true!

11:36 AM on 05/14/13
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been following this band since the Bangarang split. This is the first record post Won't Be Pathetic Forever that I've enjoyed. I don't know what it was about the past two records that failed to resonate with me, but they've really found their grove with this one. Soupy sounds better than I thought he was capable of.
11:38 AM on 05/14/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Haha, I meant that as a "please don't compare my writing to Thomas," not "WE MUST RESPECT TWY REVIEW AND NOT POST."
haha, i was gonna say. ive picked bad times to release reviews it seems, today with this review and when jason posted his fall out boy review i also had one go up. need to get my timing down a little better, haha
11:45 AM on 05/14/13
BroNamath
Life's a Garden, Dig it!
User Info.
this band just has a knack for writing the perfect album at the perfect time to really hit home with me. Amazing album, will easily be one of the best of the year.
11:53 AM on 05/14/13
idledoeskill
Saint Barbara, don't let me explode
User Info.
Also exceeded my expectations. I agree that the final verse are Soupy's best lyrics yet, especially "We all wanna be great men , And there’s nothing romantic about it."
12:00 PM on 05/14/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Really can't wait to pick this thing up
12:05 PM on 05/14/13
wakeupgomer
Just here for the drinks.
User Info.
Love every review, Thomas...on point as usual with this one. Respect your opinion even when I disagree. I'm just confused as to why you didn't score it? Did I miss something?
12:10 PM on 05/14/13
NicolasD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1 Suburbia
2 Upsides
3 Generation
You're over-hyping this way too much. Yes, it is a FANTASTIC record, but all in all, it didn't really click as much as it did with me. It basically takes the formula from Upsides and Suburbia in how some songs are slow and kinda emo, and then there's the really poppy-punky ones, sure lyrics have grown, which was to be expected, and no, I'm not a liar, I did expect something of this magnitude from this talented and amazing band.
12:17 PM on 05/14/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
I think House of Heroes' Suburba is better than TWY's Suburbia...

just sayin'

but one listen in, this record is pretty great. agreed, much better than I ever expected from this band. "There There" is my current favorite
12:25 PM on 05/14/13
AL1VE
Not Your Savior
User Info.
I must be the only one who thinks this album isn't as good as everyone's making it out to be.
12:54 PM on 05/14/13
ForEveryHeart
No God
User Info.
I love the album. Lyrical content is just fitting everything I'm feeling at the moment. Hitting your mid twenties. Struggling to find purpose, direction and feeling younger than you are and trying to find where you fit in and the impact you are supposed to make.

My personal connection with this album might trump the music itself but isn't that all part of what makes music great? It's not always the perfect chords or the most powerful lyrics. It's not how it measures up to previous work or the work of it's peers. There are albums that channel parts of your life and how the lyrics and music bend to your interpretation is a pretty awesome thing.

I am a huge lover of music and have had many of my favorite albums come out in the last few years but havent felt a deep connection to an album in some time and this album reminds me why I fell in love with music in the first place.

10/10
01:16 PM on 05/14/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Great review Thomas!

This record is one that gets better with each listen. The fast songs are fantastic. The part where it kicks in in "The Devil In My Bloodstream" (I bet Id be a fucking coward / I bet Id never have the guts for war) really lifts the song to another level.
01:33 PM on 05/14/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
My biggest complaint with this record is the closer. The first 3 minutes or so are some of the best in their career, but I really despise reprises...
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS