Password
Bridge 9 Records News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 62.
11:05 AM on 05/14/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
True.

We probably won't get new La Dispute, PBTT, pr All Get Out til next year too. But none of these are really my favorite bands.

Maybe we'll get some new mewithoutYou.... a boy can dream
We're not getting a new mwY album, haha.
11:11 AM on 05/14/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
True.

We probably won't get new La Dispute, PBTT, pr All Get Out til next year too. But none of these are really my favorite bands.

Maybe we'll get some new mewithoutYou.... a boy can dream
Haha yeah I just threw out NT of the top of my head. Logically they wouldn't be coming out with an album this year anyway.

A ton of releases already came out last year though.
11:12 AM on 05/14/13
AndrewCloer
brokenharmonics.bandcamp. com
User Info.
Easily one of my most anticipated this year. Along with Manchester Orchestra and Relient K.
11:13 AM on 05/14/13
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
If you listen to a lot of hardcore music you'll get this band. If you don't you probably won't, but there are exceptions to both of course.

Edit: I know a lot of people consider them to be MLIW rip-offs, but I think they're pretty good...and this is coming to someone who's been going to hc shows for the longest time.
I get the MLIW reference because they're fairly similar musically, but every interaction ive had or heard about with the dudes in MLIW is that they're assholes. So Defeater takes the cake for me on that aspect haha.
11:14 AM on 05/14/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
How are people on the previous page saying that Empty Days didn't hold up well, or wasn't that good? Seriously it's a fantastic record.
11:19 AM on 05/14/13
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
Well 2011 was an incredible year for music. Most of the bands that released an album then have toured on those enough and are writing/have wrote another album. 2013 is shaping up to be a great year for music just like 2011 but I think 2011 was better. Some of the bands from then haven't released an album this year like The Horrible Crowes, New Found Glory, Fireworks (as far as we know), etc. Don't give up on 2014 though! I didn't have much hope for 2012 but still received some solid releases.

Yeah but I think I dislike all those bands agreed with 2011 being a great year, mostly in this sort of scene.

Haha yeah I just threw out NT of the top of my head. Logically they wouldn't be coming out with an album this year anyway.

A ton of releases already came out last year though.

Yeah, but none of them really floored me like albums from the year before. I think my top 3 are Theatre Is Evil - Amanda Palmer, Church Of The Good Thief - Right Away! Great Captain, and II - Bad Books. And Andy Hull and Amanda Palmer release stuff every 6 months pretty much.

We're not getting a new mwY album, haha.

Hey, don't you crush my dream, don't you crush it. I was going to say maybe we'll get a new Brand New album but that seemed too ridiculous.
11:21 AM on 05/14/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Yes! So stoked for this
11:22 AM on 05/14/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
So much good music news lately
11:37 AM on 05/14/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I get the MLIW reference because they're fairly similar musically, but every interaction ive had or heard about with the dudes in MLIW is that they're assholes. So Defeater takes the cake for me on that aspect haha.
I have no clue what you're going on about but I'll smile and nod, haha.
11:49 AM on 05/14/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Can I respectfully ask why?
Big fan of your site by the way.
Thanks! I've tried to get into them a bunch, it just doesn't click with me even a little. I like their related bands like LD, TA, PBTT, etc - but I just can't get into Defeater
11:59 AM on 05/14/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
So stoked for this!
12:08 PM on 05/14/13
_veges_
User Info.
Excited, but surprised to see their continuing the same story, not really sure how much more they can add to it
12:40 PM on 05/14/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Really stoked. I've been saying this is what they should have done concept wise for LP3 all year. Sad that it probably won't have any acoustic goodness or the introspective feel of ED&SN, but Derek's got Alcoa for that now.
12:43 PM on 05/14/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Excited, but surprised to see their continuing the same story, not really sure how much more they can add to it

They said back in Travels era that every album they ever released would follow this concept. They may switch families after this album, but they'll never abandon the idea of hardship in that time period, and anyways there was too much gold waiting to be dug into with the father's story to begin with, I think alot of people knew they would do an album on it eventually.
01:22 PM on 05/14/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Really excited. The whole story idea is what made me take notice of this band, so nice to see that it stays.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests