Username
Password
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 54.
03:06 PM on 05/13/08
HolyCrapola
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I had heard that someone at the label (Jason maybe?) decided to spend close to $5 or $6 per unit to break this band. If that's the case then I imagine that Guy Hands decided that the project wasn't profitable enough to keep around.

Crazy. I thought that single was solid, but really didn't think it had the legs to get as many adds as it did...I was surprised. I figured someone's wallet must've taken a hit to get it to where it got. I also figured that 1.1mil sold would be more than enough to put the label in the black.

How the hell can someone be stupid enough to pour so much money into a band that 1.1mil sold isn't profittable (especially nowadays)?
03:26 PM on 05/13/08
dga2ron
DGa2ron
User Info.
Yeah dude, nobody buys howard benson produced cd's anymore. Saosin didn't sell any records, daughtry didn't sell any records, Hoobastank's the reason didn't sell any records, 3days grace new cd didnt go platinum or anything.

nobody buys howard benson produced music guys...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Benson

PS: if you did not hint the sarcasam, it was there :)

Hahaha, Kevin, I freakin love ya dude.
03:27 PM on 05/13/08
rawker31
User Info.
This is awesome. We can probably except more of a rock album than a pop rock album.
03:45 PM on 05/13/08
AdamWASFearless
The Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Crazy. I thought that single was solid, but really didn't think it had the legs to get as many adds as it did...I was surprised. I figured someone's wallet must've taken a hit to get it to where it got. I also figured that 1.1mil sold would be more than enough to put the label in the black.

How the hell can someone be stupid enough to pour so much money into a band that 1.1mil sold isn't profitable (especially nowadays)?

My intuition tells me they spent the money to develop the band not knowing (or anticipating) that their parent company EMI would soon be taken private and Guy Hands would start a massive creative and personnel restructuring.

That - coupled with a keyman clause could have proven too expensive to renegotiate to keep the band.
04:00 PM on 05/13/08
yutsmcgee
Penis
User Info.
I had heard that someone at the label (Jason maybe?) decided to spend close to $5 or $6 per unit to break this band. If that's the case then I imagine that Guy Hands decided that the project wasn't profitable enough to keep around.

yup, that's why Jason Flom's dumb ass is on his way out. Pumping millions into a mediocre band like this, while watching a band like The Starting Line flounder.
04:30 PM on 05/13/08
Brad Streeter
Absolute Access
User Info.
Howard Benson producing = tailored for modern rock radio (which, no one listens to anymore).

Strongly disagree with this statement...
05:24 PM on 05/13/08
elude2oneself
interloper
User Info.
ok, we get that some like howard benson and some don't... whatevs.

the point here is: RED JUMPSUIT APPARATUS (which should have been titled, probably worst band you'll ever subject your ears/eyes to) has their own label. and they're planning on signing someone.

let's just let that sink in for a second............................. ........................

the band they sign, will probably get little respect from anyone and RJA, i'm assuming here, will probably try to clone themselves.

no thanks, i'll pass on alllll of this.
05:37 PM on 05/13/08
Whimsikill
Lamest Prestigious Member Ever
User Info.
Very surprised they're starting their own label. But I'd love if it became a Bad Boy/Deathrow thing with them and Decaydance.
06:13 PM on 05/13/08
kylecrowe
Rock n Roll
User Info.
brave move by such a young band...not a big fan, but i hope it works out
06:29 PM on 05/13/08
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
more screaming plz.
07:16 PM on 05/13/08
TooLateF0rRoses
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Once my band lifts, we are signing with them. AND I WILL BUY THAT NEW ALBUM!!!!! IF THEY ARE THAT GOOD ON DONT YOU FAKE IT AND BEFORE....THINK OF HOW GOOD THEY WILL BE. THEY ARE THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN LIVE.

you are 17 and a retard. obviously your mother should have aborted... tool
08:03 PM on 05/13/08
XEmoBoyShandorX
Taking new user name suggestions!
User Info.
Once my band lifts, we are signing with them. AND I WILL BUY THAT NEW ALBUM!!!!! IF THEY ARE THAT GOOD ON DONT YOU FAKE IT AND BEFORE....THINK OF HOW GOOD THEY WILL BE. THEY ARE THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN LIVE.

please be a prank account. please.
08:10 PM on 05/13/08
miltownrob
cottonheadedninnymuggins
User Info.
wouldn't you guess they would be signing to their own label? makes sense to me.
08:13 PM on 05/13/08
tonighttonight0
Rode the El Niņo
User Info.
odds are likely they are the first band they're signing to their "new label"
09:41 PM on 05/13/08
Shellbo6901
User Info.
Very surprised they're starting their own label. But I'd love if it became a Bad Boy/Deathrow thing with them and Decaydance.

this has been coming for a really long time, I guess its just now actually happening.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS