Username
Password
Triple Crown Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31.
09:56 AM on 05/15/13
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Used to really dig Envy on the Coast. Haven't been able to get into these guys, though. I'll give this record a shot, especially considering they're opening my FOB date.
11:01 AM on 05/15/13
MalevolentHoff
The Walking Wounded
User Info.
I dont understand the listening curve comments. This is one of the most original sounding records I have heard in quite some time and was hooked every time I heard something new. Listening to the album for the first time today, I can now say it lived up to every expectation I had for it. Production on it sounds insane and every song is so unique. Confessional is fucking HUGE!
-To piggyback off of this, there's so many interesting musical moments going on.
-This record REQUIRES multiple listens. You'll thank yourself for putting the time in.
-If you can't appreciate tracks like "Set A Fire", "Vacation Days", or "Television", you might not have a soul. Seek medical attention immediately.
-Headphones listening is a must. There's so many details that may be missed in a car stereo.
11:02 AM on 05/15/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i like this more than i expected to, but i'm still a little upset that i'm seeing this band instead of twenty one pilots and panic! at the disco for my fall out boy date next week haha.
11:03 AM on 05/15/13
KingKong19
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
-To piggyback off of this, there's so many interesting musical moments going on.
-This record REQUIRES multiple listens. You'll thank yourself for putting the time in.
-If you can't appreciate tracks like "Set A Fire", "Vacation Days", or "Television", you might not have a soul. Seek medical attention immediately.
-Headphones listening is a must. There's so many details that may be missed in a car stereo.
this.
12:29 PM on 05/15/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I'm really looking forward to listening to this in full. Multiple times.

It took a couple of tries for me to get into Shoulder Gorilla but it's constantly stuck in my head.
12:37 PM on 05/15/13
MalevolentHoff
The Walking Wounded
User Info.
Personally, the records I hold closest to my heart all took time to sink in, my best example being Thrice's "Alchemy Index". I've had a little extra time with this NK record, but I definitely understand how it might take others time to embrace.

You can't go into this record expecting to hear EOTC, or even the Basement Tapes. Ryan is a grown man, and you can't force preconceived notions on him to rehash music he has written in the past. You have to respect musicians who continually build on their craft and push themselves. The vocals, melodic vocal ideas, and overall mood created by the tracking order are spot on in my opinion.

Sonically, Mike Sapone killed it. Sounds fantastic (especially with headphones).
12:51 PM on 05/15/13
DItaliaO
User Info.
i like this more than i expected to, but i'm still a little upset that i'm seeing this band instead of twenty one pilots and panic! at the disco for my fall out boy date next week haha.
Panic and twenty-one pilots are playing on the fall arena tour, not the club tour going on now
01:03 PM on 05/15/13
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
The drumming on this is massive. Sapone always does great work there. I think I like it.
Wasn't going to listen till Sapone was mentioned. Now I will.
01:57 PM on 05/15/13
gabrielM
User Info.
I'm glad I preordered the record. I like the sound. Really original. Confessional is intense.
01:58 PM on 05/15/13
ChadMaxey
tpf
User Info.
Mike Sapone is still the king.
04:52 PM on 05/15/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Panic and twenty-one pilots are playing on the fall arena tour, not the club tour going on now
i know. that's what i'm upset about.
07:36 PM on 05/15/13
sdisticsquirrel
the prophet
User Info.
I'm surprised after reading some of these comments, but I actually like this on the first listen. I'm not sure if it has lasting power, but I'm digging it so far.
10:55 AM on 05/16/13
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
Mike Sappones production always slays, along with Ryans vocals...
this is definitely weird as fuck, I love it!!
06:55 PM on 05/16/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Yeah, I'm way down with this. Shoulder Gorilla resonated with me so much better within the context of the album.
08:00 AM on 05/17/13
MalevolentHoff
The Walking Wounded
User Info.
Yeah, I'm way down with this. Shoulder Gorilla resonated with me so much better within the context of the album.

Agreed 100%
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums