AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 192.
05:46 PM on 05/16/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I assume he (WIll) reacted that way due to their album leaking a month early as well. Their album has more or less seen universal praise though. That comment was just stupid though
Its my current AOTY, which sucks that one person from the band has to be rude. Kelen and Parker are more than respectful to me.
06:29 PM on 05/16/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Also, I'll point out that Zac is only one member of the band, all of which are hard-working, great guys, and if anyone is going to nail the band to a cross for one emotional moment from one member on one day..

Well, yea. I'd be more inclined to lose respect for the person nailing the band to the cross. This should be a non-story and non-issue by the time I'm finished writing.
We do this because we love having this forum to speak our minds and promote music we love. We've been pretty damn close with MO for years now and then having them tell us to "fuck off" for doing nothing wrong? That's like having a best friend for years and out of the blue he says fuck you for doing your job and then doesn't talk to you and bad mouths you to other people when all you did was support him for years? Not cool.
07:02 PM on 05/16/13
comeoutpunching
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
We do this because we love having this forum to speak our minds and promote music we love. We've been pretty damn close with MO for years now and then having them tell us to "fuck off" for doing nothing wrong? That's like having a best friend for years and out of the blue he says fuck you for doing your job and then doesn't talk to you and bad mouths you to other people when all you did was support him for years? Not cool.

I definitely see it from AP's perspective. But it looks Zac found out about Spotify dropping it and APs/sites posting it around the same time, so in his first reaction he likely associated everything as the same thing. It wasn't rational, reasonable or logical, but if anyone has ever felt a first moment of feeling betrayed, you know being reasonable and rational don't come into play until you've had a chance to process. He seems pretty cool about it now and is thanking people for their kind words.

Again, it's dismaying to think that anyone would hold Nik, Justin, Wayne, Joe, or especially the band liable for an understandably emotional if misdirected reaction from Zak. That's at least on par with Zak being angry at news sites for another site's mishap, isn't it?

Sure, I hope sufficient internal/personal apologies make their rounds in the days to come because this is nothing worthy of "bad blood" between good bands and good sites. That thought gives me idiot shivers.

A bunch of people fucked up. A bunch of people got angry. Awesome music was released to the world. The summer began. Awesome music was released to the world. /end
07:06 PM on 05/16/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
For someone who thoroughly enjoys TSSF, I'm really disappointed they have such a shitty attitude about people having critical opinions. I mean it's one thing to know they wrote a kinda douchey, slut-shamey song but to know they're dickish IRL too is pretty discouraging towards someone who genuinely loves the songs they write.

I mean Jesus, between this and the whole Transit drama from last month, this whole attitude emanating from the "scene" is absurd. Things get leaked, people have negative things to say about music. No matter what there will always be people who like what you do. Just because you complain in your songs doesn't mean you should complain about the people that are giving you constant buzz. (that was a stupid jab I know)
07:19 PM on 05/16/13
Cøltøn
User Info.
This is such a ridiculous situation. Shouldn't even be a discussion.
07:43 PM on 05/16/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
while i'm sure all of the band isn't happy about the leak, it is not fair to say that ALL of them are acting immature. maybe Zac is going about it the wrong way, but it's understandable why he would be upset.

It's 2013. To get all pissed about an album leaking is just dumb.
07:48 PM on 05/16/13
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
Could you imagine Justin Pierre acting like this?
08:27 PM on 05/16/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
Never listened to this band before, but checked out the first 3 songs off their "leaked" album. Snoozefest. Someone recommend 3 songs from their older albums, before I write this band off? Or not worth it?
Teleport, Rare, Something's Weird, Fantasy Girl, World Favorite, Voted Most Likely, etc. their first 2 albums are amazing
high hopes for this one
08:28 PM on 05/16/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.

What a piece of shit.
08:34 PM on 05/16/13
mrzippo3
User Info.
Don't hold an entire band accountable for what 1 member said, and later apologized for.
08:36 PM on 05/16/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Don't hold an entire band accountable for what 1 member said, and later apologized for.
Shut up you stupid cock sucking piece of shit-faced bitch.

Oh, sorry, I apologize.
08:39 PM on 05/16/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

Why? You put your heart and soul into it. You have an entire marketing plan behind it. Just because something is unfortunately the norm, it does not make it right c
08:40 PM on 05/16/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
There's plenty of music out there ... how people act plays a roll in what I chose to listen to (and this goes for other mediums as well).

Don't see how that could be a "wrong reason" ... if art is an extension of an artist, then it makes sense to play a role.
this.

luckily, the artists who've been acting like assholes lately have been easy to ignore, considering their music isn't that great
09:20 PM on 05/16/13
2's&3's
deep in thoug...
User Info.
True that. Only a matter of time until only a handful of people have access to the finished product
10:06 PM on 05/16/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why? You put your heart and soul into it. You have an entire marketing plan behind it. Just because something is unfortunately the norm, it does not make it right c

Wait... You're kidding me right?

I seem to remember something about some little band called Fall Out Boy leaking.....
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests