Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Questions for Andrew McMahon?

Posted by: Jack Appleby (05/16/13)
Have any questions for Andrew McMahon? We're interviewing the man soon - let us know what you'd like us to ask the former Jack's Mannequin / Something Corporate frontman.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
09:25 AM on 05/16/13
_checkmarks
User Info.
Will you ever work on some music with William Beckett again?
10:20 AM on 05/16/13
antonioror20
User Info.
From "Leaving through the Window" to "North" to "Everything in Transit" to "The Pop Underground" you're sound has been constantly evolving. A new release, never sounds like the one that came before it. Just wondering, what is the driving creative force behind your releases? More specifically, what were you listening to when you wrote the Pop Underground EP?
10:31 AM on 05/16/13
nignag
I could still be ruthless
User Info.
Will you ever tour in Asia? The fans here would love to see you.
10:33 AM on 05/16/13
june182
User Info.
I know you worked with Matthew Thiessen on a few songs for People and Things. Any interest in working with him again for more writing or even a possible collaboration?
10:53 AM on 05/16/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Any chance of a 10-year anniversary show for North?
11:02 AM on 05/16/13
fsmith84
Lock and load
User Info.
What bands inspire the music you're writing right now?

If you ever have writers block, what do you do to snap yourself out of it - or do you just wait it out and try not to force anything?
11:07 AM on 05/16/13
skylineiscool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Post Luekemia, does he drink and/or smoke still?
Who are his favorite new artists?
11:19 AM on 05/16/13
esreysteve
esreysteve
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will there be another Dear Jack Golf tournament? It was a fun day. Additionally, with the new lineup and all the additional keyboard players it seems like you played a little less piano on some songs (I was at the Troubador show). I truly enjoyed the show and loved the different arrangements but missed the piano. Will you ever do an acoustic-piano show?
11:20 AM on 05/16/13
againtocarthage
User Info.
Why have your latest release(s) sucked?
11:22 AM on 05/16/13
toxicredlilies
Toxic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You've mentioned that you've been working with Fernando Garibay last year and then more recently. How did that come about and what is the sound of these songs compared to the TPU EP?

The last song that you wrote for Smash, 'I'm Not Sorry', was lyrically and sonically completely different from anything we've ever heard from you. What was the process of writing that song and how do you feel about having a diva tune under your belt?

What/who is your guilty pleasure when it comes to Top 40 pop music? Have you been looking to that kind of music more for any inspiration as you have been experimenting and your music has evolved into a more pop sound?

Back in 2006, you did a performance on Craig Ferguson where your bassist played an upright, and when People And Things was released, you played a show backed by an entire orchestra. Do you have any plans to bring out some strings ever on tour or even in general for more shows, be it a single player or an entire orchestra?
11:37 AM on 05/16/13
Rosenbcm
User Info.
Why have your latest release(s) sucked?
Unnecessary.
11:43 AM on 05/16/13
smowashere
User Info.
Have you considered collaborating with fun. at all? Love the shout-out in Synesthesia.
11:49 AM on 05/16/13
kennyrules
User Info.
I know you worked with Matthew Thiessen on a few songs for People and Things. Any interest in working with him again for more writing or even a possible collaboration?

I'd like to second this question! A side-project from these two would be fantastic.
11:51 AM on 05/16/13
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have you considered collaborating with fun. at all? Love the shout-out in Synesthesia.
I second this question! Would love a fun./Andrew collab! Nate and Andrew bringing their songwriting talents together would be incredible.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests