Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 51 of 51.
02:12 PM on 06/05/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Album is damn good. Reminds me kinda of the late 90s/ early 00s emo influenced pop punk stuff like Stay What You Are or Something To Write Home About.
05:04 PM on 06/10/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
This album is definitely a grower but a big improvement on their earlier stuff. I always felt like they sounded more like a second-rate Title Fight (circa TLTYF) before and got a bunch of hype online out of nowhere. At least any praise is somewhat justified now.
I've seen some weird fucking comparisons involving this band up here, but Title Fight, really? I love every release in Turnover's discog and they live fifteen minutes away from me and are all incredibly sincere and chill dudes, but they sound nothing like Title Fight.
01:34 AM on 06/17/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've seen some weird fucking comparisons involving this band up here, but Title Fight, really? I love every release in Turnover's discog and they live fifteen minutes away from me and are all incredibly sincere and chill dudes, but they sound nothing like Title Fight.
They don't NOW, but you're gonna say songs like "Sasha" don't bear somewhat of a resemblance to TF's pre-Floral Green stuff? Before I checked out their self titled, their short bio even listed them as an influence.
12:45 PM on 06/25/13
meanmedianmoge
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
after their solid EP and split with Citizen, Turnover have finally released a full length and I couldn't be more happy. sadly, it's not as good as I hoped. some songs are and will be go-to picks for pop punk and emo tendencies, but it's a very slow methodical album compared to their EPs, which was a great change of pace for them and I'm not sure how I feel about it

kind of a mixed bag, but I love this band and really want to see them live soon
12:04 AM on 09/09/13
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
This album has grown on me so much lately. It's eerie, heart wrenching, twists now finally make sense to me. Like other people I've seen post I didn't understand what was so great about this album at first, it felt kind if bland and the vocals sounded really weak and I don't think I've ever felt more opposite about a record now than I do with this one, it took time, but it makes so much sense now.
09:04 PM on 11/06/13
contiinstereo
CFC Supporter
User Info.
Just listening to this for the first time. Actually the first time I'm listening to the band as well. This review helped gain a little extra perspective while listening and I agree with most of it. Stellar album, disappointed it took me this long to get around to it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums