Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 208.
09:01 PM on 05/17/13
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
The first one I ever had bought for me if I recall correctly was Blink-182's "Enema of the State". The first one with my own money? Taking Back Sunday's "Louder Now". (If my memory is correct.)
09:41 PM on 05/17/13
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
first tape: Dangerous Minds soundtrack

first CD: aside from obscure christian 90s alt rock/ska punk bands, it was Smash Mouth's Astro Lounge.

what a time.
09:53 PM on 05/17/13
snu
I like to watch the NBA
User Info.
The first cassette tape I bought was the Dumb & Dumber soundtrack (I also grabbed a Power Rangers walkman to listen to it on).

First CD: Nine Inch Nails - Broken. I then bought Coolio - Gangsters Paradise. My friend gave me a copy of Metallica's Black Album next (just the CD no artwork or anything...which wasn't too uncommon back in the day).

Ahh the days of 200CD holders. Anyone old enough to remember those giant binders people would lug around at school?
10:17 PM on 05/17/13
Will_000
life is killing me
User Info.
First CD was International Superhits by Green Day. I wanted American Idiot, but Walmart was out of copies.
10:23 PM on 05/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
The first cassette tape I bought was the Dumb & Dumber soundtrack (I also grabbed a Power Rangers walkman to listen to it on).

First CD: Nine Inch Nails - Broken. I then bought Coolio - Gangsters Paradise. My friend gave me a copy of Metallica's Black Album next (just the CD no artwork or anything...which wasn't too uncommon back in the day).

Ahh the days of 200CD holders. Anyone old enough to remember those giant binders people would lug around at school?
Had 3 of them.
10:51 PM on 05/17/13
AussieBoy
User Info.

I actually just bought a 320disc folder for movies yester!
11:04 PM on 05/17/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
The Backstreet Boys' first album is the first CD I remember getting my mom to buy.

First album I ever bought: Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler
11:07 PM on 05/17/13
thriced.
Striving Imitator of Jesus
User Info.
CD: 1996 Grammy Nominees

Gangster's Paradise on repeat!

Cassette: Lion King OST

Learned every lyric.
11:09 PM on 05/17/13
gukid
User Info.
Years and years and years ago, me and my brother got a CD Boombox for Christmas from our parents with 2 CDs:
The Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey Soundtrack, and
Dance Mix '92

I actually still spin them every once in a while. One thing of note: the Bill and Ted CD is HEAVY. Not only in terms of music (lol), but the physical CD itself is definitely of a higher quality than what is released nowadays.
12:15 AM on 05/18/13
tcemoo
Time I Got Back to the Good Life
User Info.
First album I bought myself was Enema of the State, used my birthday money to buy it. Life changer, right there.
12:17 AM on 05/18/13
tcemoo
Time I Got Back to the Good Life
User Info.
first cd i bought was patd - a fever you cant sweat out.. i still bought tape or cassette before that.. the last cassette ive ever bought is finch - say hello to sunshine. and yes, i HAVE finch - shts on CASSETTE.. hahahaha
They were seriously still making casettes then? Can we get a picture?
01:56 AM on 05/18/13
palebluedot
Give me all you've got now birds
User Info.
Blink 182 - Enema of the State
03:39 AM on 05/18/13
petter182
User Info.
First CD: The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre.
04:38 AM on 05/18/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
On my own ? Well it was the "Dead Letters" album from The Rasmus in 2003. I remember loving hearing In The Shadows on radio so i was stoked to hear their other songs. I think i've only listened to it two or three times though. Maybe i could like this band now ? Will give it a listen just for nostalgia's sake soon at least.
04:39 AM on 05/18/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Michelle Branch rules btw
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music