AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fred Mascherino Launches Kickstarter For Guitar Tab Book

Posted by - 09:17 AM on 05/20/13
Fred Mascherino (Terrible Things) has launched a Kickstarter to fund a guitar tabs book for his music. View his video in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
09:17 AM on 05/20/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:22 AM on 05/20/13
richie
User Info.
Looks like a nice idea but I wish there was some tbs tabs in there. I'd back it then.
09:30 AM on 05/20/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
heh.
This is one of those projects that totally justifies kickstarter. Nobody's donating to this unless they actually want the book.
09:44 AM on 05/20/13
ForEveryHeart
No God
User Info.
Something about this guy just bugs me. Not sure why.
09:52 AM on 05/20/13
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
heh.
This is one of those projects that totally justifies kickstarter. Nobody's donating to this unless they actually want the book.
And people who donate for a band to make an album do it because they want a new album. What's your point?
09:52 AM on 05/20/13
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
the long hair, not working for him
09:57 AM on 05/20/13
BillAftermath
User Info.
It's refreshing to see a low budget for something like this. Just yesterday a girl I used to date posted her friend's kickstarter to make an album...with a 50k goal.
10:09 AM on 05/20/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I am not even that much of a Fred fan but he comes across as such a genuine musician. Like he does it for all the right reasons that it bums me out when his musical endeavors fail to take off. Does that make sense? I think so?
10:10 AM on 05/20/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
It's refreshing to see a low budget for something like this. Just yesterday a girl I used to date posted her friend's kickstarter to make an album...with a 50k goal.

Haha what!
10:21 AM on 05/20/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I am not even that much of a Fred fan but he comes across as such a genuine musician. Like he does it for all the right reasons that it bums me out when his musical endeavors fail to take off. Does that make sense? I think so?

Kinda. I feel bad that I can't really get into anything of his outside of TBS. I'm a Nolan fanboy but I did love him in TBS. Seems like a good guy though definitely.
10:26 AM on 05/20/13
war_allthetime
Editor at idobi Radio
User Info.
He looks like the most metal dude ever in this video between the hair and the shirt
10:37 AM on 05/20/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
And people who donate for a band to make an album do it because they want a new album. What's your point?
...seriously?

The argument people most commonly use against crowd-funding in music is that it exploits the fans by enticing them to pay above fair market value for an album. I'm not one of those people.

Unlike an album though, this is a Kickstarter project which will live and die based solely on demand. The market for Fred Mascherino tabs is likely very small, and surely much smaller than the market for his music - either that market is large enough to fund the product or it's not.

It's just a pure example that supports a very tidy argument in favor of crowdfunding which can't be countered by cries of "exploitation". I'm happy about that.
10:40 AM on 05/20/13
BillAftermath
User Info.
I was wrong. It's only 20k. STILL outrageous though.
10:54 AM on 05/20/13
weirderthanu210
Love me
User Info.
Hope Fred is able to do this, but his hair needs some cutting.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos