We discovered the term small multiples in the work of statistician and artist Edward Tufte
2. How did this band get started?
Small Multiples is a duo consisting of songwriter Craig Hartley and guitarist Eli Friedmann, who first met while attending the New School University in NYC. After going their separate ways for a few years, they reconnected when Craig contacted Eli to perform some new songs he had written.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Radiohead, The Beatles, Portishead, Bjork, Amon Tobin, Flaming Lips
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Jane's Addiction: contact high and Bjork: for the wigs
5. Best food to eat on tour?
UTZ's Red Hot Potato Chips (surprisingly hard to find) and Quinoa
6. Why should people listen to your band?
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Swiss Curling Champion Mirjam Ott
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. Memorable tour experience?
We'll let you know
10. What does AP.net mean to you?
Cool bands, cool coverage.
11. What is your favorite song to play?
"Know My Name"
12. What is your vacation spot of choice?
13. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Free To Be You and Me.
14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility: so many reasons.
15. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Commercial radio is a tough nut to crack unless on a major label. Yes.