It's a reference, an homage to the movie Clerks. As kids, my brother and I were greatly influenced by fellow New Jerseyan Kevin Smith's early independent work.
2. How did this band get started?
We started as a band consisting entirely of brothers, influenced by our dad's music, as well as his guitar playing and singing. We also wanted to try and make music that was better than what was on the radio.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Nirvana, The Ramones, weezer, The Replacements, Queen, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Green Day.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Gaslight Anthem - we NJ boys gotta stick together, and Big Star - they're the greatest American band ever, and we'd learn a great deal from being around them.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Whataburger if you can get it. If not, then Five Guys. Eating healthy is not in the budget for an indie band.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because they'll like us. Seriously, we play pop music, with punk rock guitars, lyrics anyone can relate to, and melodies and hooks that will reel you in. We dare you to listen to one song, and not clamor for more! Maybe you'll hate us, though.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Mike Piazza. The guy's got one hell of a guitar collection.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Cousin Frank Marra. He made the album sound good, and we'll bet no one ever thanks him when they win a Grammy.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Take the "industry" out of it. Industry to me means manufactured, and manufactured is not good when it comes to music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing to a packed house, where they were turning people away at the door, when we played the Nook Amphitheater in Austin, Texas this past March during South By Southwest.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means that we're able to reach an audience that wouldn't normally accept us, because they don't consider us punk. We're punk, baby, check your history books.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our song "Long Dead And Gone".
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Random, obscure pop songs from the '70s that my dad used to play on guitar and sing. You wouldn't understand.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to naturally produce electricity. Then we could play anywhere, anytime.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Always being incredibly nice and polite...until we hit the stage.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
The names of our songs.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio, like most aspects of the music industry, is a bit of a mess. I do believe that a band could flourish by getting regular airplay on the radio, as long as that band is doing the work to promote themselves by playing live often, getting music out to sites like AP.net, and keeping in touch with fans via social media.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Collect action figures and comic books.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
David (vocals/guitar) - Freestyle skills. Tim (drums) - Can copy any accent/dialect. James (bass) - Can fix your car. Brent (guitar/sax) - Master litigator.