Username
Password
Purevolume News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Purevolume
Inside AP.net

PureVolume Presents: Jared Leto Interview

Posted by: Drew Beringer (05/21/13)
You can check out PureVolume's recent interview with Jared Leto (Thirty Seconds To Mars) here.
I donít know ... but I think that the last album was about conflicts: We had a giant battle with our record company, they sued us for $30 million, we fought them for two years and subsequently made a film about it as well, called Artifact. But it was an album about conflict and survival. And this is an album thatís much more reflective. And it was made without the burden of a giant war on our shoulders, and it was actually really a lot of fun. It was exactly how it should be.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
04:39 PM on 05/21/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I'll be speaking with Shannon Leto soon.
05:28 PM on 05/21/13
A Head
User Info.
Lol. 30stm isn't even worth $30.
05:46 PM on 05/21/13
chickmgnt478
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i probably would like this band if it wasnt for all the stories ive heard about him. As well as the time his band came to my college and he was a complete douche.
05:51 PM on 05/21/13
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I'll give the newest 30STM album a spin later this week, but I don't have high expectations based on the two songs I've heard already.
05:52 PM on 05/21/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I could care less what this album was about it just sounds bad. They could do so much better. As big of a douche as the dude is they have written some good songs. This album is so meh it makes me wonder if they have ever tried to not take themselves so seriously. I don't get the huge fandom behind this band. I like some music by them but they are only good at best.
06:01 PM on 05/21/13
Nardes
User Info.
I like the album... Reminds me of This Is War but in a happier sense. I guess I'm in the minority :/
07:53 PM on 05/21/13
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
I could care less what this album was about it just sounds bad. They could do so much better. As big of a douche as the dude is they have written some good songs. This album is so meh it makes me wonder if they have ever tried to not take themselves so seriously. I don't get the huge fandom behind this band. I like some music by them but they are only good at best.
it's i COULDN'T care less
08:43 PM on 05/21/13
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
I like the album... Reminds me of This Is War but in a happier sense. I guess I'm in the minority :/
No, I sensed the same thing. This Is War was great but this was just as entertaining upon first listen. I will say one thing though, I didn't look at the lyrics for the songs since I did that with one of the singles and it ruined the vibe for me. Leto can sing but the lyrics are standard, thankfully they make up with interesting instrumentation and synth.
09:54 PM on 05/21/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
it's i COULDN'T care less
lol you got me. I typed that fast and slipped but yea.
12:07 AM on 05/22/13
Collin182
Live in Daydreams. I Choose Fiction
User Info.
He's 41?? That's surprising.
12:31 AM on 05/22/13
Dlemert
User Info.
New album is boring save two or three songs.
01:58 AM on 05/22/13
themakebelieve
still the sky's limit
User Info.
its pretty amazing how polarizing this band is....all based on Jared Leto alone. its funny, because most bands are the band name....and u maaaay know one guy's name, but its always synonymous with the band....in Jared Leto's case, its him, and then 30 seconds to mars; almost completely separate entities. i feel it is some notion of jealousy that makes people hate them so vivaciously, and the adoration of him that creates such intense fanatics. they do have a few catchy songs on each one of their albums, really no more and no less than most bands. they just have that added superstar persona that punches them up a few notches; and creates such an atmosphere of love/hate
12:42 PM on 05/22/13
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its pretty amazing how polarizing this band is....all based on Jared Leto alone. its funny, because most bands are the band name....and u maaaay know one guy's name, but its always synonymous with the band....in Jared Leto's case, its him, and then 30 seconds to mars; almost completely separate entities. i feel it is some notion of jealousy that makes people hate them so vivaciously, and the adoration of him that creates such intense fanatics. they do have a few catchy songs on each one of their albums, really no more and no less than most bands. they just have that added superstar persona that punches them up a few notches; and creates such an atmosphere of love/hate
I absolutely loved A Beautiful Lie and most of This is War, Jared Leto is absolutely at the top of my "I'm not gay but if I was to give it a try, I'd want this dude" list, and I've usually liked him as an actor in anything I've seen. What makes me not like him and wish I didn't like his band is his rockstar antics, the way he forces that ever-so-practiced scream/sing live, the way they stretch out stuff sooooo long in both video and on stage, etc. I appreciate grandiosity, but he did it way before their band was ever big enough to pull it off, and it always seemed forced. Maybe it's just because he's an incredibly good looking actor turned musician- maybe that hurts him a little. But if he scaled everything down and just played good music without the whole spectacle, I don't think they'd face really any of the hate they get. Just my feeling.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests