Username
Password
Fat Wreck Chords News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fat Wreck Chords
Inside AP.net

Love Equals Death Selects Producers For New Album

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (05/20/08)
Travis Richter of From First to Last and Lee Dyness will be producing Love Equals Death's new album.
Message From the BandHello Everyone! This is Duffs reporting in. I just wanted to take a minute to inform you all on exactly what is happening here at camp LED, and most importantly what is going on with our next album. Last summer we began writing our record and recorded half of it with bassist Ryan Sinn. We were happy with how things were going and planned on finishing things up in the fall. We then got offered a tour with Tiger Army as well as a successful headlining tour in Europe.

We took a short, but much needed break after all that touring and the holidays. After we resumed, LED had a member shift with Ryan saying farewell and Sean Jordan and Bryan Kelley-Holden joining. Writing resumed and we really started to focus on finishing the new songs. We then realized that we probably were only going to use 2 of the 5 songs recorded from last summer. So in turn, we began a writing frenzy as we prepared ourselves to hit the studio in May or June. However, we then found ourselves on tour with Goldfinger and were also offered the first 2 weeks of Warped Tour, leaving us only about 80 percent ready to make a record that we wanted to feel 100 percent about.

Timing is everything.

Recently I have gotten together with a good friend of mine by the name of Travis Richter. You might have seen him perform with his band From First To Last. If you haven't, you should. Their new record sounds amazing! Even if you've seen or heard of them before, check them out again. Last week, Travis showed me tracks both he and Lee Dyness (From First To Last, Mayday Parade) have been producing at their studio. As a studio geek myself, it didn't take long to convince me of what we needed to do here.

To make a long story short, the stuff Travis and Lee are doing sounds awesome and they have joined camp LED to produce our next full length record. We will be heading out to the southland of Georgia in August, with a solid team behind us, to spend more time in the studio then we've ever had the privilege of having. We'll be 100 percent ready to make what we feel, and know is our best work to date. We're stoked!

Thanks to all and we'll see you on Warped tour!

Duffs and camp LED

Submitted by imsohardcore

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
10:26 AM on 05/20/08
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Alright. Never heard of them.
10:30 AM on 05/20/08
applesandcyanid
Trollin' Absolutepunk.
User Info.
I has just heard of them today when I was checking out the Warped Tour line up. Interesting producer choice.
11:15 AM on 05/20/08
llmp
Incorrigality
User Info.
This band just makes bad choices...
11:19 AM on 05/20/08
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
good band. little bit of a rape problem.....
11:21 AM on 05/20/08
maydayjeremy
Mayday Parade / Jeremy
User Info.
Lee dyess is the man!!
11:36 AM on 05/20/08
Legend_Killer91
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
well you are gettin gone of the guys from From First To Last to help you on your record and after i heard their new album, i am saying this HELLZ YEAH GREAT CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
12:10 PM on 05/20/08
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
User Info.
good band. little bit of a rape problem.....

care to expand on that?
01:13 PM on 05/20/08
LikeACat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
care to expand on that?

Bassist is canned for rape.

Travis from FFTL is going to be producing this.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHh
01:25 PM on 05/20/08
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
User Info.
wow i had no idea that's why

wasn't he the dude from tsunami bomb or was that a previous bassist?
01:40 PM on 05/20/08
LikeACat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the previous bassist was from the distillers, so ya I'm pretty sure that's his (rapist) old band.
02:21 PM on 05/20/08
letscallitoff
me.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow i had no idea that's why

wasn't he the dude from tsunami bomb or was that a previous bassist?

yea, it was dom from tsunami bomb
02:26 PM on 05/20/08
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
random but cool.
06:31 PM on 05/20/08
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band is the goddamn mother fucking shit!!!! i really love the singer's voice, they rock!
05:33 AM on 05/21/08
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
I haven't really heard the stuff travis has produced so I might check this out
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music