Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 16 posts
04:41 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
I'm just here to find out what conditioner Blake uses on his beard.
...I mean, if I'm being honest, it's Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream...followed by a dollop of Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk ;)
04:58 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
Been obsessed with this band ever since Karma Never Sleeps comes out! Will definitely be seeing them next time they play a show close by in Virginia. It's awesome to see such a great band care so much about their fanbase, what with chats like this, and replying to almost everyone on twitter (such as myself at least 10 times lol). Keep up the great work, guys!
Thanks so much for your support! Love those tweets :)
05:05 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
I'm super excited about the new album!

The past few tours you've been on have been with bigger names in larger venues (HOB), is there any desire to do a smaller-venue tour, perhaps higher up on the billing?

Speaking of that, have you got any specific plans that you can leak to us? ;)
Yeah! In all honesty we're so stoked on any opportunity we have to get out on the road and tour. It's been such a
surreal experience for us traveling around the country playing so many wonderful venues. We booked a DIY/house show run up the east coast earlier this spring...it was such a great experience! We'd love to do something like that again!

There's some really cool things we actually just found out about a few days ago, but we can't say much on it right now...you'll know soon though :)
05:10 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
Favorite releases so far this year?

Sexcited for the new album, dudes.
Thanks! The new Paramore is really good, stoked on that. Their music video for 'Now' is so powerful, I love it.

I can't wait for the new Night Verses record though...oh man.
05:17 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
thank you for always responding to my random facebook wall posts.

is keeping in contact with fans an important thing for you guys as a band?
No problem! That's the least we could do!

Yeah, it's suuuper important to us! It's so humbling every time someone takes the time to reach out to us. We can't thank you all enough for your support <3
05:19 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
What's everyone's favorite track on the new album? I know we haven't heard it yet to really appreciate the info, but just curious.
hmmm...it's tough to say! It's probably going to change a lot once we start playing all of them live. It's been a blast playing Some Say It's Your Loss and Speak to Me though :)
05:23 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
Shameless plug: Premiering the new Night Verses song here next Tuesday.

Justtttt sayin'.
...got it marked on my calendar ;)
05:30 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
I keep thinking I can't fall more in love with your sound. but speak to me and echoes are both outstanding. I'm crazy excited for you cd/cd release show. I've seen you guys every chance I get in the last 4/5 years. Even when making the drive has been the obviously irresponsible choice. I will never regret it.
I could gush about your songs forever but I think you four realize how much I love you, right?

How are you four feeling about touring with Say Anything+ .?
Can we expect some more I the Mighty/A Lot Like Birds bromance?

I can't decide if I love Speak to Me or Echoes more!
Javier? Is that you? We're so glad you like the new songs man! We're on stoked beyond words for the tour with Say Anything, it doesn't seem real!

We definitely hope to tour with A Lot Like Birds again in the near future...they're some of our closest friends. They're recording their new record right now, so hopefully we can set something up later this year!
05:32 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
Can I be your official biggest fan?
yes :)
05:41 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
I have a question for blake, will you be cutting your hair anytime soon? because I sure hope not, dem luscious locks doe.
haha thanks ;) no plans on cutting it anytime soon!
05:56 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
What do the moms of I The Mighty think of your rising success?
Awww we all looove our moms to death! Safe to say all of them are 4 of our biggest supporters and it can get pretty loud when they're at a show! haha
06:03 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
What's the most memorable show you guys have played thus far?
That's a hard one...we've been so fortunate to play so many wonderful shows, but one that stands out to me is the Armor For Sleep show. They've been one of my all-time favorite bands forever and when I heard they were reuniting for a few farewell shows, I was so stoked to have a chance to see them live again...then we found out we were gonna actually play their LA date and I about died haha. It was an incredible night that I'll never forget!
06:07 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
Is The Frame Part:I or II going to be on this new record?
Part II: Keep Breathing
06:09 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
Do you guys have any plans after the Say Anything tour is over?
We do! We actually just found out about some stuff a couple days ago...we just can't say what it is yet :) Can't wait to share it with you though!
06:16 PM on 05/22/13
BlakeDahlinger
Blake / I The Mighty
User Info.
Do you guys have a song that you're not looking forward to playing live for any reason? Or are they all pretty easy and fun to play?
We're super stoked to play all of them honestly...they're definitely harder to play than the songs from Karma Never Sleeps, but we'll be practicing a lot haha ...actually headed to practice in about an hour!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos