Username
Password
National Product News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
National Product
Inside AP.net

Nathan of National Product Tears ACL

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (05/20/08)
Bassist Nathan Elliot of National Product recently tore his ACL while rocking the f out on stage. Unfortunately, he has had to drop off the rest of the band's current tour and may not be able to stay in the band because of the injury. We wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully a reunion rocking with his four-string soon. A message from singer Danny can be read below.
Message from the BandDuring our show in Orlando our best friend/bassist Nathan was rocking a lil too hard on our first song and tore his ACL in his knee. We noticed after the show that he was in an incredible amount of pain but for some reason, the dude kept playing the rest of the show anyway. We weren't sure how it was going to affect him, and eventually us being that we are on the road and most bands need a bass player.

Today he told us that he wont be making the rest of the tour with us back to west coast. That means we had to cancel our show in West Palm Beach Fl tonight and drive straight to Atlanta. We will still be fulfilling all our show obligations no matter what. Depending on whether or not Nathan needs surgery (and its looking like he is) he will not be with us in Hawaii or Japan and possibly beyond that. Really, sucks for us, he is our brother and we hate to see him in pain #1 but #2 miss out on what were about to do.

In closing, we have our buddy James Weaver rocking bass with us and if worst comes to worst, we are going to be looking for a full time bass player. Since Nathan isnt going anywhere but laying in a bed and NP has to keep moving, Nathan has given us his blessing to seek out bass players in his sted. This is NOT an official Nathan is leaving the band, however it is a WE MAY NEED A BASS PLAYER in worst case scenario. If your a rad dude, you shred, can sing back ups good, can tour, like top ramen, smelling farts and rock star karaoke, you should probably email us:

Danny@npmusic.com

xoxox The Product

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 91
08:52 PM on 05/20/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dang, get better soon, dude!

08:54 PM on 05/20/08
Alexxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
User Info.
that blows.
Hope for a speedy recovery!
08:54 PM on 05/20/08
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
maybe I'm looking at this too simplistically, but since when does a leg injury mean that one can't be in a band anymore?
08:56 PM on 05/20/08
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
I love farts. Where do I sign up?
08:57 PM on 05/20/08
caitlinlee
User Info.
Aww man, ACL's are so shitty. Hope recovery and everything goes well!
08:59 PM on 05/20/08
bailmeout13
It could be a bowling site.
User Info.
What a trooper kept playing. Seems like such a freak thing to happen.
08:59 PM on 05/20/08
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
Oh man, ACL's suck. Get better soon. :)
09:03 PM on 05/20/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
maybe I'm looking at this too simplistically, but since when does a leg injury mean that one can't be in a band anymore?

It doesnt, but it also doesnt mean he is going to be doing ANYTHING anytime soon, so we as a band have to keep going and our homie Nate decides after that he is still down like a clown, then were gonna ride his cute little but to brown town. word
09:04 PM on 05/20/08
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
It doesnt, but it also doesnt mean he is going to be doing ANYTHING anytime soon, so we as a band have to keep going and our homie Nate decides after that he is still down like a clown, then were gonna ride his cute little but to brown town. word

haha fair enough. Best of luck.
09:05 PM on 05/20/08
Coverbydesign
User Info.
ouch
09:05 PM on 05/20/08
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Damn, I hope everything goes well and he recovers quickly. My thoughts are with you guys. I hope everything works out.
09:08 PM on 05/20/08
lovekillsgirl
is a real girl
User Info.
awww poor dude, that totally sucks
best wishes to you
09:09 PM on 05/20/08
GiggsOho
Guns don't kill, Cedric & Omar do
User Info.
That's still pretty bad ass that he decided to suck it up and stay on stage. Props and hope for a speedy recovery.
09:10 PM on 05/20/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
I love farts. Where do I sign up?

my but haha sup dude
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives