AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Charli XCX Releases "Take My Hand" Music Video

Posted by - 05:16 PM on 05/23/13
Charli XCX's new video for "Take My Hand" can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
05:17 PM on 05/23/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
08:38 PM on 05/23/13
l.j
autumn angel vs. sparkle motion
User Info.
I can't watch this at work but can't wait to. She is awesome, hoping for a nz show sometime soon . Album is fantastic as well
12:20 AM on 05/24/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Still mad I didn't get to see her
08:15 AM on 05/24/13
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
User Info.
I still can't stand how much of a Marina and the Diamonds knock off she is. Someone is paying a lot of money to get her all those collaborations and tours.
07:17 PM on 05/24/13
AloneInTheDark
Charmingly Awkward
User Info.
I still can't stand how much of a Marina and the Diamonds knock off she is. Someone is paying a lot of money to get her all those collaborations and tours.
I don't know man - "I Love It" is such an old song - wasn't that recorded in 2011? She's pretty rad but terribly different than Marina.

As to why the hell "How to be a heartbreaker" flopped here in the US is beyond me...that song shoulda been huge.
10:12 PM on 05/24/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
I don't know man - "I Love It" is such an old song - wasn't that recorded in 2011? She's pretty rad but terribly different than Marina.

As to why the hell "How to be a heartbreaker" flopped here in the US is beyond me...that song shoulda been huge.
agreeeeeeeeed
04:23 PM on 05/26/13
HyperactiveYout
User Info.

Marina has been doing stuff for a lot longer than that, she was already pretty big when I met her on tour in 2010 and I think you underestimate her Tumblr type fanbase these days. She's been on a major label for as long as I can remember knowing her, but has had a slow climb on tours with people like Katy Perry.

Charli's collaborations just seem so disingenuous, like it's her label's attempt to associate her with artists with the same trendy appeal she's trying to capture in the most ADD indecisive way possible. Honestly, I would want to like her, I've always been a huge fan of the genre she's attempting to pull off, but she just rubs me the wrong way. I don't want to be sold a look or a sound, I want it to be more real than that.
05:49 PM on 05/26/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
(1) I want to like Charli XCX, but everything I've heard from True Romance has rubbed me the wrong way

(2) Marina's first LP is perfect and How To Be A Heartbreaker is a brilliant concept
05:51 PM on 05/26/13
AloneInTheDark
Charmingly Awkward
User Info.
Marina has been doing stuff for a lot longer than that, she was already pretty big when I met her on tour in 2010 and I think you underestimate her Tumblr type fanbase these days. She's been on a major label for as long as I can remember knowing her, but has had a slow climb on tours with people like Katy Perry.

Charli's collaborations just seem so disingenuous, like it's her label's attempt to associate her with artists with the same trendy appeal she's trying to capture in the most ADD indecisive way possible. Honestly, I would want to like her, I've always been a huge fan of the genre she's attempting to pull off, but she just rubs me the wrong way. I don't want to be sold a look or a sound, I want it to be more real than that.
I think you took my statement as some sort of negative comment towards Marina...most certainly not. I'm convinced someone fucked in her marketing, she should be a smash over here.
07:13 PM on 05/26/13
HyperactiveYout
User Info.
I think you took my statement as some sort of negative comment towards Marina...most certainly not. I'm convinced someone fucked in her marketing, she should be a smash over here.

Haha, not negative, just that you're underestimating her success. My girlfriend on a regular basis complains about how big she's gotten with the young female tumblr'ing crowd. I saw her a couple months ago again, and I have to agree. She's doing pretty well with the type of kid that obsesses over that Lana del Taco girl.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos