Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 50.
01:13 PM on 05/28/08
cory-182
User Info.
I have there EP and it turned out really heavy

sounds like they changed a lot since then though

I checked these guys out years ago and I didn't like what I heard, but I picked up their new album at their show and from what I've heard I really like it.
02:18 PM on 05/28/08
lifeloveregret
User Info.
After a few more listens I am starting to realize the lack of originality on the album. I usually listen to an album twice before reviewing it (which I did here) but after a couple more...the novelty wore off for me.

I suppose you are right there. I will make some changes to the RIYL so people will not be confused. Thanks for the advice.

"rewrite not a single line", eh?
03:25 PM on 05/28/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
"rewrite not a single line", eh?

haha, touche.

maybe I should throw some small print in there somewhere.
03:59 PM on 05/28/08
CWeezer2
User Info.
you sold them short, in my opinion. as for comments on the lack of originality, i find them to be 100000 times more original than any of the FBR/super high pitch-nasal vocals/cobra starship-esq stuff out there. i applaud any band that doesn't promise to make me dance. it seems as though every band out there is pushing that and 2*sweet's diabetic coma isn't exactly a dance party.....
03:59 PM on 05/28/08
jmantua
User Info.
the genre is "doom pop"

exactly
05:10 PM on 05/28/08
A78
eh.
User Info.
This band's name sounds like they'd be like N*Sync.
06:07 PM on 05/28/08
ship of fools
hello
User Info.
are we listening to the same cd here? i would not describe anything about this album the way you did. with that voice, i would be looking over my shoulder to make sure somethign wasnt about to attack me. odd band.
07:00 PM on 05/28/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
are we listening to the same cd here? i would not describe anything about this album the way you did. with that voice, i would be looking over my shoulder to make sure somethign wasnt about to attack me. odd band.

I guess I listened to this a lot differently than other people did. I don't see "doom" here the way a lot of people do. It didn't scare me. I mean, it was pop punk music...and for the most part seemed like a summer album.
07:07 PM on 05/28/08
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
"From the first few seconds of Justin Pence‘s wooing voice you can see exactly why the guys decided on the name."

really? there is nothing sweet about his voice. his style is so weird. this band is so weird. he sounds like this weird dude making fun of an opera singer. but somehow it works.
07:15 AM on 05/29/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
"From the first few seconds of Justin Pence‘s wooing voice you can see exactly why the guys decided on the name."

really? there is nothing sweet about his voice. his style is so weird. this band is so weird. he sounds like this weird dude making fun of an opera singer. but somehow it works.

there are a few moments where i catch that, but overall i didn't seem to feel the spooky/creepy thing that everyone is feeling. they may be a little creepier than your average radio band, but i'm just not picking up on what everyone else was i guess. i can't even imagine why either.
10:18 AM on 05/29/08
JackSlapFear
Trouble
User Info.
I guess I listened to this a lot differently than other people did. I don't see "doom" here the way a lot of people do. It didn't scare me. I mean, it was pop punk music...and for the most part seemed like a summer album.

its not supposed to scare you but songs about suicide and the devil arent exactly the happiest of music
09:49 PM on 05/29/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
its not supposed to scare you but songs about suicide and the devil arent exactly the happiest of music

Users have commented on this review that the music scared them a bit. Not so much in those words, but they did say it. And they may be singing about suicide nad the devil, but the way it is gone about isn't exactly the same way other bands who sing about those things would. It's more upbeat.
09:51 PM on 05/29/08
opeumii
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
in regards to the "doom pop", its got a ton of catchy hooks and pop choruses and fun parts, yet there are some riffs and vocals that could be in a horror film -- everythings a little creepy, and it effin rules in my opinion

great listen, but of course im biased because i've followed them since 04 and have strong sexual desires for dave cronin
09:53 PM on 05/29/08
opeumii
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Users have commented on this review that the music scared them a bit. Not so much in those words, but they did say it. And they may be singing about suicide nad the devil, but the way it is gone about isn't exactly the same way other bands who sing about those things would. It's more upbeat.

hence doom pop

best album of 08 thus far, nuff said
01:02 PM on 05/30/08
whoadudeyeah
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if i had 2 guess i would say they sound more liek n*sync lol i mean come on look at there name!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums