Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 22 of 22.
06:05 PM on 05/26/08
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Now that I listened to it, isn't that kind of the point? H2O doesn't strike me as something too deep, just something you would put on and enjoy for what it is at face value.
I don't think the point of any album should be zero lasting value. There are tons of albums that aren't deep lyrically or anything else, but you still want to listen to them 20+ times. but if a band is only striving for face value and 3 listens, then they're doing something wrong.
06:14 PM on 05/26/08
GiggsOho
Guns don't kill, Cedric & Omar do
User Info.
I don't think the point of any album should be zero lasting value. There are tons of albums that aren't deep lyrically or anything else, but you still want to listen to them 20+ times. but if a band is only striving for face value and 3 listens, then they're doing something wrong.

I disagree on the lasting value, i think that was kind of my point and I didn't get it across in the last post. I think it has lasting value just for listening to it for fun's sake and nothing much more. Just my opinion, though.
08:06 PM on 05/26/08
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
I will buy this because Hayley likes them

mmmmmhayleymmmmm
07:44 PM on 05/27/08
born to expire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cheese city, and Toby's lyrics are sort of questionable at times. The title is totally hypocritical, since they clearly have something to prove -- their relevancy -- with all the sound bites and subject matter. Roger Miret's guest appearance reminds me why I don't listen to anything Agnostic Front has done this century or so.

That being said, this is a much more comfortable medium between pop-punk and melodic hardcore than GO was. Lou Koller needs to sing in more pop-punk-hardcore songs (not just this and "Can't Wait One Minute More"...are there any Shelter albums he's on I'm not aware of?) and Skiba's appearance is surprisingly awesome even though it makes the track sound suddenly like Alkaline Trio (seriously, listen to how much the guitars slow down for him).

So overall, good, fun album. Fans of Lifetime's reunion LP should like this.

I love Lifetime but hate the new record. Lyrical content aside, new H2O is solid.
10:09 AM on 05/28/08
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I love Lifetime but hate the new record. Lyrical content aside, new H2O is solid.

I think Lifetime pulled it off fine, but that's me...it's clear that record split the fans. I'm just saying that people who actually liked Lifetime (the album) will probably be comfortable with Nothing to Prove.
05:13 AM on 05/30/08
JimGray
Boy Wonder
User Info.
I dig what I've heard.
11:37 AM on 06/06/08
tipoftheiceberg
son of the silent age
User Info.
still here and a thin line
best songs here

its so amazing to hear Civ again too!