Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

Blink-182 Playing 2 Canadian Festivals

Posted by: Deborah Remus (05/27/13)
Blink-182 will be headlining Edmonton's Sonic Boom Festival and Calgary's X-Fest this year.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
03:26 PM on 05/27/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Almost the same lineup. Also, has anyone ever pointed out that the lead singer of Passion Pit and the lead singer of BTBAM could be brothers?
03:30 PM on 05/27/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Part of me hopes Blink will announce more Canadian shows, but I don't want to be too greedy because they already gave me that near perfect Against Me!/Rancid line-up back in 2011.

But Passion Pit will continue on east for sure, playing Saskatoon on September 3 at the Odeon and Winnipeg at the Garrick on September 4.
03:38 PM on 05/27/13
37 Everywhere
User Info.
Stoked for the Edmonton date. Can't go to both shows though because the line ups are alternating :(
03:44 PM on 05/27/13
punchedbyagirl
blaremagazine.com // Josh
User Info.
Part of me hopes Blink will announce more Canadian shows, but I don't want to be too greedy because they already gave me that near perfect Against Me!/Rancid line-up back in 2011.

But Passion Pit will continue on east for sure, playing Saskatoon on September 3 at the Odeon and Winnipeg at the Garrick on September 4.
Let those Riot Fest Toronto rumors run wild!
03:49 PM on 05/27/13
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
Fingers crossed that Blink announces a US tour soon
03:51 PM on 05/27/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Let those Riot Fest Toronto rumors run wild!

Exactly! I mean there's a chance that I might fly out for Riot Fest, but still it would be cool if there was a Winnipeg show in the middle... even though we don't really have a festival for them to headline. They always get the best bands to open and the shows are always lots of fun.
03:58 PM on 05/27/13
punchedbyagirl
blaremagazine.com // Josh
User Info.
Exactly! I mean there's a chance that I might fly out for Riot Fest, but still it would be cool if there was a Winnipeg show in the middle... even though we don't really have a festival for them to headline. They always get the best bands to open and the shows are always lots of fun.
They could do a one-off, but it'd be nice to see who's opening for them. Brand New would be insane.
04:16 PM on 05/27/13
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
I'd say that Weakerthans being on the bill is the bigger deal! I mean, fucking Weakerthans. Blink/Rancid/ AM! Was pretty fun though, I will admit.
04:25 PM on 05/27/13
TAI182
User Info.
Hoping for some more Midwest blink dates!
04:30 PM on 05/27/13
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Way better line up than last year, frick
04:46 PM on 05/27/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
Pasion Pit, Yukon Blonde, and Weakerthans. You lucky Canadian bastards. Hopefully Weakerthans release a new album soon, it's been way too long.
05:06 PM on 05/27/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I'd say that Weakerthans being on the bill is the bigger deal! I mean, fucking Weakerthans. Blink/Rancid/ AM! Was pretty fun though, I will admit.

Yeah, but I also live in their hometown so I get to see them on a somewhat regular basis if I want, haha. If I lived elsewhere I'd probably be more excited.

They could do a one-off, but it'd be nice to see who's opening for them. Brand New would be insane.

Brand New would be cool! I'd personally like to see a band like Alkaline Trio, just because I love them and still haven't seen them play yet.
05:48 PM on 05/27/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Gonna need free tickets to this, 120$ is a little steep considering Blink is the only band I want to see. I guess The Weakerthans and City and Color would be watchable. Our festivals in Western Canada are a joke compared to the Riot Fests, Warped tours, Skate and Surfs ect. Nothing but Hipster alt radio bands with the odd nugget like Blink mixed in
06:27 PM on 05/27/13
smowashere
User Info.
Hey blink, let's see a U.S. tour.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music