Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 25 of 25
12:03 PM on 06/05/08
TheOtherAndrew
Hail the Bandits
User Info.
Just listened on their myspace due to the review.
It's been about 5 years ago that I listened to this band, they have changed a lot!
Good review and I might check this cd..

Haha I just saw it was released back in 2006!
I totally lost my roots
haha, yeah its been a while. its remained one of my favorites since then though.
Great review, prob my fave joey cape release, I wish i could of got to see them live, but never got round to it.

Good morning night makes me happy everytime i hear it, minus & the thirteenth step give me goosebumps everytime i hear them
Yeah, the Thirteenth Step in particular is really really depressing, I know what you mean.
I've been trying to show bad astronaut and this album to friends for years (well the band at least). A lot of my friends really loved Houtston... and some even ventured to purchase. These are people who listen to radio mostly. It just shows these albums have something for everyone and they do that something extremely well.
good review.
Thanks. imo Bad Astronaut is way more accessible than Lagwagon, so why they sold less records is bizarre to me.

I need to hop on this bandwagon. I've been meaning to since I heard Bad Astronaut's song on the first Dragging the Lake comp.

You're also becoming one of my favorite reviewers.
This post made me giddy like a school girl.
I got so giddy when I saw the words BAD ASTRONAUT on the front page. They are one of my all time fave bands and this album is so so so powerful. Great Review.
Thank ya very much! I'm glad to see so much BA love on this site lately.
12:24 PM on 06/05/08
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
Maybe the reason BA sold less records is because they might not have had very good distribution, being on a Fat Wreck imprint label (Honest Don's) for their first two albums. Also, Lagwagon have been around longer, and had already cemented their status as one of the biggest skate-punk/melodic punk bands in the game, thusly putting them ahead in record sales by default.

That's how I see it anyway.
12:28 PM on 06/05/08
chugger182
SHAVE YOUR MUFF!!!!
User Info.
i miss bad astronaut all of their releases are must owns.
12:29 PM on 06/05/08
TheOtherAndrew
Hail the Bandits
User Info.
Maybe the reason BA sold less records is because they might not have had very good distribution, being on a Fat Wreck imprint label (Honest Don's) for their first two albums. Also, Lagwagon have been around longer, and had already cemented their status as one of the biggest skate-punk/melodic punk bands in the game, thusly putting them ahead in record sales by default.

That's how I see it anyway.
Oh, you and your "logic."
12:37 PM on 06/05/08
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
Oh, you and your "logic."
Iiiii am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T-! I mean, S-M-A-R-T!

02:52 PM on 06/05/08
aaronsuspect
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am so glad I found this review. I can't believe I found you people who all love this album as much as I do. It's one of my absolute favorites. We all need to get together and discuss this album. It's so heartbreaking to me in the best way possible. It's been the perfect mood music through the trains in Europe. The F Word blows my mind every single time. I'll be back to discuss soon.
03:16 PM on 06/05/08
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
Haha right on, man. It might be my 2nd favorite album of all time.
03:36 PM on 06/05/08
jacksteve111
Breach of Armistice
User Info.
i thought the drummer died of a disease in the hospital not from suicide?
03:46 PM on 06/05/08
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
Nope, it was suicide.
04:07 PM on 06/05/08
TheOtherAndrew
Hail the Bandits
User Info.
I am so glad I found this review. I can't believe I found you people who all love this album as much as I do. It's one of my absolute favorites. We all need to get together and discuss this album. It's so heartbreaking to me in the best way possible. It's been the perfect mood music through the trains in Europe. The F Word blows my mind every single time. I'll be back to discuss soon.
haha, awesome. We've been discussing BA for a while in their official thread in the music forum, feel free to join in.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=226227

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version