|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
If you know the answer to that question, you have had a one to one conversation with the band. If you don't know the answer, your time will come!
2. How did this band get started?
Pretty much an acoustic 3-piece acoustic covers band, progressing over time to become what we are today.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Hurt, Seether, the obvious like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden to the less obvious Portishead.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Past: Led Zep (no why required!)
Present: Hurt, their songwriting is exceptional, their live show's something to aspire to. Alice in Chains, to have the chance to play alongside probably the biggest influence on Resin would be unreal.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
There will be songs that you will connect with on a personal level. We all need those songs in our lives. They help us move forward or remember the past. If we knew one of our songs had that place in someones life, everything we do is justified.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Any darts player. Work would still involve venues and beer !
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
TV talent shows. To think that this is the way the young (on the whole) see as being how you become a credible artist is a really sad thing. You should earn your place to respect your place.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Surprisingly we have not yet done what we would consider to be a tour, so the tour bus stories are yet to be written !
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great online community for music lovers and bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
At the minute, off the album, I'd say Poison. It's anthemic and we pretty much end the night on it. Of course, it's great playing new songs to see the reaction from the crowd to something new.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
As I (Sime) am the oldest member, I'd have to be honest and say ABBA!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Obviously, that has to be time travel! Why? having recently read PearlJam20, I'm currently suffering a need to be in Seattle in 1991 !
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We write our setlists 10 minutes before hitting the stage on scrap pieces of paper. Always have and probably always will.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
See number 1. There is a story behind our name that only gets told face to face (for no particular reason).
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We get a lot of independent radio airplay and it has brough us fans from all over the world which is really exciting. Keeping up with all the stations that do play us is impossible, so right now, we'd like to thank every single DJ that has gotten behind us and played our songs. The work they put in to further the public awareness of lesser known bands is selfless and in many cases unpaid (much like being in a band).
We have also done a couple of acoustic BBC sessions which were great fun and, again, getting your songs heard by fresh ears is the most important thing.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Anybody reading this who is in a band will know that there is very little spare time. For instance, it is now sunday morning. When today's interviews are finished, gigs are finalised and that last missing lyric is finally formed, it will be time to do it all again tomorrow! When you find some spare time, the natural thing as a musician is to turn your attention to music.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
James: The ability to create movie worthy landscapes from polystyrene.
Chez: Seems to be able to take his hip out of where it shoud be and click it back in.
Sime: Take a VW Beetle apart to it's last nut and bolt and put it back together again.
Sev: Survive without a mobile phone.
Mark: Give an in-depth and factual description of the Bristol stool chart (google it ! ).
More From This Author