02:14 AM on 05/29/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
at least scenekids will eat it up
03:23 AM on 05/29/13
emoboy333
User Info.
If that's the type of bands that fill Rise's bank account, I'm all for it. As long as they keep signing really awesome bands aside from this.
03:45 AM on 05/29/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
How can you sign legends like 7 seconds and further seems forever, then utter shit like this....makes NO sense at all
04:02 AM on 05/29/13
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
while i've never been a fan of their music i will say that these guys deserve it. they work very hard and have been for years. good luck.
05:36 AM on 05/29/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
A bullet for pretty boy released two full-lengths and have a kickstarter in the works to fund their next record.

But I see what your saying.

Yeah, a couple albums release maybe a kick started third but nothing that will really get any notice. Ever. Very low ceiling is what I'm saying.
05:47 AM on 05/29/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Yeah, a couple albums release maybe a kick started third but nothing that will really get any notice. Ever. Very low ceiling is what I'm saying.
I remember you having a bad experience seeing ABFPB live once and I think it left a horrible taste in your mouth. Not saying you'll like them, but on both their CDs they're not bad. Not really as scenecore as you make them out to be. I see what you're saying, but there are worse examples of the genre than them

This band is a few years too late. Unless they have great potential (having toured with Conditions and Life On Repeat could have positively influenced them) they are too bland and generic as is.
05:50 AM on 05/29/13
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
User Info.
It's really bugging me that they're American and they DON"T use the American spelling of "honor".

I wouldn't hold that against, it's actually a plus in my book.

Jimmy (bassist) is from England, but I don't think he was a founding member. But we always just kind of accepted that at least it wasn't one of the "verb the noun," "preposition noun," or "pronoun, the noun" names.

At least have trap breakdowns or something, this is like two years too late.

They've pretty much sounded like this for at least five years. Probably closer to seven. I can't remember. It's just taken this long to get a real record deal.

I turned it off after "MAKING OUR WAY TO THE TAWWWWWWP."

Lucas is one of the cool kids around here, and people generally credit his showmanship, but I've always thought he was a pretty terrible lyricist. They have plenty of lyric videos if you're interested.

Lol @ 2:50 they have a shot of like 5 guys sitting there watching them play. What exactly was the point of that? I laughed pretty hard

That was them watching themselves. They've always shot and edited their own videos, which is commendable, except that sometimes it's not quite in sync with the audio, which for this genre seems like completely misses the point.

while i've never been a fan of their music i will say that these guys deserve it. they work very hard and have been for years. good luck.

Pretty much the sentiment of most people I know. But this is what you get in Virginia Beach - an area full of talented and creative musicians, and people only want to see bands that sound really generic or like other bands they already know (if not straight up cover bands) or bands that their friends like.
06:26 AM on 05/29/13
eclown14
User Info.
my ex did photos for this band and sounds like another generic risecore snooze core band nothing new or different about this from the rest of the risecore bands
06:28 AM on 05/29/13
eclown14
User Info.
at least scenekids will eat it up
Exactly ha
06:31 AM on 05/29/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I remember you having a bad experience seeing ABFPB live once and I think it left a horrible taste in your mouth. Not saying you'll like them, but on both their CDs they're not bad. Not really as scenecore as you make them out to be. I see what you're saying, but there are worse examples of the genre than them

This band is a few years too late. Unless they have great potential (having toured with Conditions and Life On Repeat could have positively influenced them) they are too bland and generic as is.

I did and it did, it wasn't that the style so much as how bad they were live, how much thy focused on 808's, and how all their songs sounded the same pretty much. There was just nothing to differentiate them at all. Attack Attack instantly had a thing to separate themselves and they got huge, same with I See Stars, Woe Is Me, a whole list of bands in this genre. You can do the bare minimum basic package of one of these bands if you want, but the ceiling is pretty much getting signed.
06:46 AM on 05/29/13
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
is it just me or does Rise sign a new band every two weeks
hahaha yes
06:59 AM on 05/29/13
Nap
User Info.
At least they don't have that stupid look.
07:08 AM on 05/29/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
they will get big
08:41 AM on 05/29/13
Gabeasl
Audiostrobelight
User Info.
Jimmy (bassist) is from England, but I don't think he was a founding member. But we always just kind of accepted that at least it wasn't one of the "verb the noun," "preposition noun," or "pronoun, the noun" names.

They've pretty much sounded like this for at least five years. Probably closer to seven. I can't remember. It's just taken this long to get a real record deal.

Lucas is one of the cool kids around here, and people generally credit his showmanship, but I've always thought he was a pretty terrible lyricist. They have plenty of lyric videos if you're interested.

That was them watching themselves. They've always shot and edited their own videos, which is commendable, except that sometimes it's not quite in sync with the audio, which for this genre seems like completely misses the point.

Pretty much the sentiment of most people I know. But this is what you get in Virginia Beach - an area full of talented and creative musicians, and people only want to see bands that sound really generic or like other bands they already know (if not straight up cover bands) or bands that their friends like.
Ehh. Virginia Beach is both incredibly fickle and incredibly dedicated at the same time. TONS of talent here and lots of bands getting attention on the national scale. Hell, it blew me away to see our record and Turnover's record next to each other on the Trending Reviews Section on this site.
When our scene finds a band that they like. they tend to stick with em.
That being said, I'm personally stoked for these guys. They've busted their asses to get to this point and I'm proud of em.
08:50 AM on 05/29/13
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
User Info.
This isn't terrible, but it's just boring.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests