Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
12:24 PM on 05/30/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw a sealed copy of s/t go for $260ish on eBay not long ago - so these prices are a little ridiculous.
12:34 PM on 05/30/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Inflated prices are the result of fan hysteria and greedy collectors/flippers, bands shouldn't take part in that. Would have been much cooler if band posted some reasonably priced bundles and let fans drive up the price on eBay for themselves.
Like I said, I saw a sealed copy go for less than $300 - these are odd promo copies, with the code scratched off. VERY hard to price these.

You think they'd at least sign them or something.

Seems like a chance to have done something really cool, but money won out.
01:28 PM on 05/30/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The idea of bands asking ridiculous amounts of money for a record because they know the demand for it is high is the shittiest thing in the world. I can see labels jacking up RSD prices for re-issues, but for a band to openly do something that screams "hey, while this was worth 10 bucks ten years ago, I'm gonna take advantage of a fan for finding it after the fact." This is why a lot of recent bands keep copies of variants to flip on ebay and things like that, which is totally not cool.
3EB is notorious for this, more so than any other band. Just another example of it.
02:55 PM on 05/30/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow people sure are pissy about the price. Is it way too much? Fuck yes. Solution: don't fucking buy it.
You sound way too pissy about people being way too pissy.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums