Password

Album Review
Crash! - Crash! Album Cover

Crash! - Crash!

Reviewed by
Crash! - Crash!
Record Label: VME
Release Date: May 19, 2008
The cursor on my screen is flashing as I'm sitting here trying to think of a creative way to say something I've said too many times before. Crash! is another catchy, pop punk album low on creativity and substance, high on fun. It's easy to listen to and easier to forget. I can only hope for a time when I can stop saying this. Fortunately, Crash! are young - they still have time to change into something more creative.

Listening to this album, it's obvious potential and talent are here. The vocals are very controlled and direct, though the singer could probably use a few more lessons. On the tracks "Get Up" and "See Another Day" his voice really shines, while on the track "Get This Party Started" his voice is lacking, which could be due to the fact that I'm used to the song being sung by a girl (it's a cover of the Pink song).

As musicians, Crash! disappointed me. The guitars are extremely simple, more so than normal. The drums sound like they have a mind of their own. At times they sound like they fit the songs and band, but other times, they throw in a double bass that sounds out of place and throws of the song.

As a whole this album is nothing special. While it's fun to listen to, when I put it down I don't remember a thing about this record. As I said, this band obviously has potential. Crash! show that they have the talent, they just need to learn how to use it. When they do that, they will have more than a good chance at becoming huge.

Recommended if You LikeSimple Plan, pop punk with way, way more pop, fun and forgettable records

myspace.com/crashofficial
This review is a user submitted review from hockeyguitar99. You can see all of hockeyguitar99's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version