Username
Password
UndertheGunReview News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UndertheGunReview
Inside AP.net

UTG Editorial: Dane Cook at One Fund Boston Benefit

Posted by: Drew Beringer (05/31/13)
Under The Gun Review wrote an editorial on how comedian Dane Cook made the One Fund Boston Benefit all about himself.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49
01:56 PM on 05/31/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
why is this surprising to anyone?
01:57 PM on 05/31/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Breaking News: Dane Cook is still an arrogant fuck
01:57 PM on 05/31/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wouldn't say he made it all about himself...
02:00 PM on 05/31/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Dude's an asshole. Saw an article about it this morning. It's more sad than anything else.
02:01 PM on 05/31/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
Ha, how far he's fallen. His show got canceled before the pilot, he's not longer get movie roles, and his comedy just isn't funny anymore. This isn't too shocking.
02:10 PM on 05/31/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I wouldn't say he made it all about himself...

You defended some pretty questionable people but really? You're gonna stand up for Dane Cook in this instance?? Jesus. C'mon. Dude's a douchebag.
02:23 PM on 05/31/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd say other people made it all about him.
It was 5-7 minutes of new material and there's nothing wrong with keeping stuff off the air to give the people who actually showed up something special.

Come on, see it from the other side. People in attendance, affected by the tragedy got to see some new material before anyone else! That's what we're looking at here. I don't like Dane Cook at all, but to say that it's time for him to hang up is quite hilarious since he's the #1 comedian in the states, #2 in the world if you're of the opinion that Russell Peters UK success is larger.

Mini-rant:
Stand Up is weird. I'd easily do comedy full-time were it not for me detesting the current format and how you're supposed to do thing. Maybe I can do it in my 50's, when I've worked on it hard enough to be able to present a completely new hour at every gig. Anything else would make me feel completely awful.
02:26 PM on 05/31/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
So he performed at an event for a national tragedy and made a joke about another national tragedy? Come on man.
02:40 PM on 05/31/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
I'd say other people made it all about him.
It was 5-7 minutes of new material and there's nothing wrong with keeping stuff off the air to give the people who actually showed up something special.

Come on, see it from the other side. People in attendance, affected by the tragedy got to see some new material before anyone else! That's what we're looking at here. I don't like Dane Cook at all, but to say that it's time for him to hang up is quite hilarious since he's the #1 comedian in the states, #2 in the world if you're of the opinion that Russell Peters UK success is larger.

Mini-rant:
Stand Up is weird. I'd easily do comedy full-time were it not for me detesting the current format and how you're supposed to do thing. Maybe I can do it in my 50's, when I've worked on it hard enough to be able to present a completely new hour at every gig. Anything else would make me feel completely awful.
Out of all the great actually hilarious comedians, he's the number 1?
02:41 PM on 05/31/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
In other news...Dane Cook still isn't funny.
02:51 PM on 05/31/13
MJB12
User Info.
I think that editorial is pretty overblown...I think it would be completely understandable that a comedian, or even a musician for that matter, wouldn't want their new material livestreamed and just have it be a surprise for the people actually there. Musicians do it all the time, so why because it's Dane Cook everybody gets upset about it?
02:53 PM on 05/31/13
PianoRock28
User Info.
I have to believe that a lot of the backlash is due to people just not liking Dane Cook. Godsmack completely bailed on the whole event and not one write up about that.
02:57 PM on 05/31/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Yea, this is stupid.

"There were also rumors that amongst the new material Cook tested out was a joke he had written about the Aurora, Colorado theater shooting."

Where? Who was saying this. This is the epitome of bad editorials and making something non-controversial a controversy.
02:58 PM on 05/31/13
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Come on, see it from the other side. People in attendance, affected by the tragedy got to see some new material before anyone else!

oh, you're right. those audience members are SO privileged to have heard dane cook's new material. it certainly isn't dane cook who should be grateful to even get calls for comedy shows anymore, let alone getting the nod for a charity event.

you're a fucking idiot.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums