Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Slayer Rejoined by Former Drummer

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (05/31/13)
Drummer Paul Bostaph has rejoined Slayer.
"Paul's a great drummer and a good friend, and we're very happy that he's decided to rejoin the band," said Tom Araya. "We're still pretty numb from the loss of Jeff, but we don't want to disappoint our European fans, and we need to begin moving forward... having Paul back in the band makes that a whole lot easier."

"I'm very excited to be rejoining Slayer," added Bostaph. "We spent a very intense ten years of our lives together, had a lot of fun, made a lot of great music, so for me, this feels like coming home."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
03:54 PM on 05/31/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Guess this means Dave is officially out.
Bummer.
03:57 PM on 05/31/13
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.
And Dave found out he was out over the internet.... Ugh
04:18 PM on 05/31/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
Wow...what money does to people. It's been a month at most? Time to move on? Very sad.
04:22 PM on 05/31/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Wow...what money does to people. It's been a month at most? Time to move on? Very sad.
I think you're forgetting that Slayer is a career band. They earn a livelihood out of touring and playing shows. So yes, as a business and personal decision, moving on is the only option.
04:35 PM on 05/31/13
ManchesterOrch8
Hi, I'm Andy Hull.
User Info.
I think you're forgetting that Slayer is a career band. They earn a livelihood out of touring and playing shows. So yes, as a business and personal decision, moving on is the only option.

Yes, but what you aren't understanding is that all of these dudes have been together/known eachother for close to 35 years, and are brothers at this point.

I'm a huge Slayer fan, and this makes me feel so awkward and I hate to think of Dave being out again, as it's a slim chance he's going to come back AGAIN after Kerry burned him AGAIN.
04:37 PM on 05/31/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
Completely understand....and thats fucked up. Check out the news that they were suing the guy a couple months ago. C'mon...if it was your true friend you couldn't go out on tour again that soon. LET THAT SIT IN...
04:39 PM on 05/31/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
Yes, but what you aren't understanding is that all of these dudes have been together/known eachother for close to 35 years, and are brothers at this point.

I'm a huge Slayer fan, and this makes me feel so awkward and I hate to think of Dave being out again, as it's a slim chance he's going to come back AGAIN after Kerry burned him AGAIN.
Have never been a huge Slayer fan, but I follow them. Very sad they would go right back out after this tragedy. It proves that it's money over everything...a very sad thing for guys who are old enough to appreciate the good things in life
04:42 PM on 05/31/13
ManchesterOrch8
Hi, I'm Andy Hull.
User Info.
Have never been a huge Slayer fan, but I follow them. Very sad they would go right back out after this tragedy. It proves that it's money over everything...a very sad thing for guys who are old enough to appreciate the good things in life

They know that Jeff would just want them to play and carry on, but I think he'd prefer for it to be Tom, Dave and Kerry, and apparently he was stoked about Gary Holt playing with them too.

What happened to Jeff should have taught them first hand that life is too short to fight over anything, just give Dave the equal split that he wants and let's move on.
06:27 PM on 05/31/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

That does not mean that you have to single out someone else to work for a slave wage all of a sudden.
That's a dick move and not at all "the only option". Management is fucking them hard, which scares the hell out of them due to how awful the last record went for them.

Dave Lombardo is a _huge_ name. Their live stock went up like crazy when he re-joined. Not every band splits even, but Dave sure as hell deserves it.
06:44 PM on 05/31/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
They know that Jeff would just want them to play and carry on, but I think he'd prefer for it to be Tom, Dave and Kerry, and apparently he was stoked about Gary Holt playing with them too.

What happened to Jeff should have taught them first hand that life is too short to fight over anything, just give Dave the equal split that he wants and let's move on.
Completely agreed. I didn't follow their legal happenings to closely, but it's a very sad situation nonetheless.
09:56 PM on 05/31/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
jeff hasn't been in the band for years
10:08 PM on 05/31/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
I don't follow Slayer closely, guess you couldn't call me a big fan. I just thought this was really soon. Especially given the recent death of Jeff Hanneman and legal drama they had with Dave Lombardo
10:08 PM on 05/31/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
He was still an official member, just couldn't perform the last few years because of his condition.
12:16 AM on 06/01/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
Dave officially out and Jeff dead.

Please don't write new songs "Slayer"
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives