Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
05:35 PM on 05/31/13
ManchesterOrch8
Hi, I'm Andy Hull.
User Info.
I think you're forgetting that Slayer is a career band. They earn a livelihood out of touring and playing shows. So yes, as a business and personal decision, moving on is the only option.

Yes, but what you aren't understanding is that all of these dudes have been together/known eachother for close to 35 years, and are brothers at this point.

I'm a huge Slayer fan, and this makes me feel so awkward and I hate to think of Dave being out again, as it's a slim chance he's going to come back AGAIN after Kerry burned him AGAIN.
05:42 PM on 05/31/13
ManchesterOrch8
Hi, I'm Andy Hull.
User Info.
Have never been a huge Slayer fan, but I follow them. Very sad they would go right back out after this tragedy. It proves that it's money over everything...a very sad thing for guys who are old enough to appreciate the good things in life

They know that Jeff would just want them to play and carry on, but I think he'd prefer for it to be Tom, Dave and Kerry, and apparently he was stoked about Gary Holt playing with them too.

What happened to Jeff should have taught them first hand that life is too short to fight over anything, just give Dave the equal split that he wants and let's move on.
01:09 AM on 06/02/13
ManchesterOrch8
Hi, I'm Andy Hull.
User Info.
Hanneman and Lombardo have influenced me the most as a musician, but their absence does not make Slayer a "karaoke band".
Let's face it, most people see King and Tom as the main dudes. I mean, you've got the singer and the dude who plays the solos.

If Hanneman and Lombardo kicked out King and Araya, then yeah, it'd be a karaoke band.
You're absolutely wrong.

Every member of Slayer has always, and will always, be as important as any other.

Dave is by far one of, if not THE best, drummer in Thrash, and probably in metal, period.

Jeff was always just as important as Kerry onstage, the fans know that. He just didn't deal with much media.

If anything, Tom is the lowest profile guy, and he's THE FACE of the band.

Kerry is the media figure, but to the fans, they know what Slayer really is.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos