Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
06:27 PM on 05/31/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think you're forgetting that Slayer is a career band. They earn a livelihood out of touring and playing shows. So yes, as a business and personal decision, moving on is the only option.

That does not mean that you have to single out someone else to work for a slave wage all of a sudden.
That's a dick move and not at all "the only option". Management is fucking them hard, which scares the hell out of them due to how awful the last record went for them.

Dave Lombardo is a _huge_ name. Their live stock went up like crazy when he re-joined. Not every band splits even, but Dave sure as hell deserves it.
01:38 PM on 06/01/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Slayer on this site and you know what? I'm done with Slayer at this point. With Jeff no longer with us and Dave once again kicked out of the band because of money issues, it's just not Slayer anymore. I mean, cool that Paul is back playing with them and he's a great drummer and all but he's not Dave. Gary is an awesome guitar player and he's great playing those songs live but he's not Jeff. Slayer is basically a karaoke band now, they'll just tour around the world playing the greatest hits until either Tom's health finally prevents him from touring (which Kerry will probably just replace him too at that point), or they finally throw in the towel. I'll still jam out to their old records till I die but as far any new material or tours, I'm done.

Hanneman and Lombardo have influenced me the most as a musician, but their absence does not make Slayer a "karaoke band".
Let's face it, most people see King and Tom as the main dudes. I mean, you've got the singer and the dude who plays the solos.

If Hanneman and Lombardo kicked out King and Araya, then yeah, it'd be a karaoke band.
03:46 AM on 06/02/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're absolutely wrong.

Every member of Slayer has always, and will always, be as important as any other.

Dave is by far one of, if not THE best, drummer in Thrash, and probably in metal, period.

Jeff was always just as important as Kerry onstage, the fans know that. He just didn't deal with much media.

If anything, Tom is the lowest profile guy, and he's THE FACE of the band.

Kerry is the media figure, but to the fans, they know what Slayer really is.

Like I said, both of them have influenced _me_ more than the other two. Way more. In fact, I do weird rhythmical stuff centered around devils note riffs. That's my whole thing.

But it doesn't change the fact that "the dude who sings" and the "guy guy with the tattooed head" are the two who needs to be there in order for it to be called Slayer - in most peoples eyes. I mean, this very article says that their old drummer rejoined them and Lombardo wasn't even around when I was a kid - so his absence is actually kind of a moot point.

I'm a fan, but it doesn't change the fact that this is the only thing that could've happened to Slayer and still have them going. If Tom Passed away and Kerry got kicked out - there'd be no Slayer. In addition to that, I saw them quite a bit around the tail end of Jeff being in the band and they were quite rubbish every single time. I read a lot and heard a lot about "the end of Slayer" even when both of them were still in the band.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS