AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jimmy Eat World News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Jimmy Eat World

Posted by - 10:06 AM on 06/03/13
Our interview with Jimmy Eat World can be found here.
Many writing and recording musicians write based on trying to chase a particular listener, chase the approval of somebody besides yourself, whether that person is a radio programmer, a quote unquote “fan,” or the 18-25 demographic. When you start chasing the approval of some completely unknown, unquantifiable listener, then you’re going to end up with something that you’re not going to be proud of. It’s not going to be rewarding. It’s not going to feel good for you to put your name on. Is there a single? Is there not a single? Who’s going to like this record? Are your fans going to like this record? Is anybody going to like this record? I think you have to be brutally honest with yourself and not care, throw all that out the window when you’re writing and when you’re recording.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
10:12 AM on 06/03/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
oh yayayay. I broke and am currently streaming the album. It's exceeding my expectations.
08:52 AM on 06/05/13
mh954
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great interview-- it's only getting me more pumped for the album to drop on the 11th. also, definitely check out their new music video for Steal You Back: http://smarturl.it/StealYouBackVEVO
12:41 PM on 07/05/13
ProjectSLC
User Info.
Another 2013 interview. This one with Rick Burch.

http://www.projectslc.com/5411-2/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version