Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

The Acacia Strain Add 2 Guitarists

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (06/04/13)
Guitarists Devin Shidaker (ex-Oceano) and Richard Gomez have joined The Acacia Strain.
It is with excitement and zero negativity that Massachusetts' based, The Acacia Strain announce the addition of two new full time members, Devin Shidaker and Richard Gomez, both on guitar. After many years of service, Daniel "DL" Laskiewicz will no longer be writing music for The Acacia Strain and we wish him the best in all of his future endeavors.

As a band who tours, it is very unfair to have people who have stuck by us and tell them that they have no say or can't be an active participant. (Thank you for life Tony Diaz).

As a band, our perspective is for all of us to be involved and be a team, not only on the road but for every aspect of the band and all be a part of it. Richie and Devin bring experience and passion to the table and offer a forward thinking perspective to this band which has been wanted and needed for some time. We plan on getting started right away with the writing process to give you some new songs soon, and of course a new album. We are excited to start this new chapter of The Acacia Strain and look forward to seeing you all on tour!

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14.
01:50 PM on 06/04/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
I wonder how this is going to sound.
02:27 PM on 06/04/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Considering DL was the main songwriter, I'm wondering what this is gonna do for their style. Stuff like this can go good or bad. When A Plea for Purging added two new guitar players their songwriting jumped way ahead. On the other hand though, sometimes when that happens the band just recruits two players that know what an album from the band should sound like and it just comes out sounding dull.
03:15 PM on 06/04/13
hco7393
Black & Death Metal Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All I can think of is two more guitarists who tune their guitars to Drop A, chug, and play 50 breakdowns. They're going to sound the exact same as usual.
03:18 PM on 06/04/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Are they like six guitarists now?
03:41 PM on 06/04/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
they barely had 1 when they toured. they always sounded heavy but always had something missing. mainly because their was only guitar chugging with no leads. now they will actually sound like they have some depth to their songs.
03:48 PM on 06/04/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Just these two and a bassist. They've mostly been using touring guitarists for their live shows, if wikipedia is to be believed (I don't follow them closely enough to know for sure).
04:01 PM on 06/04/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
they always sounded heavy but always had something missing. mainly because their was only guitar chugging with no leads. now they will actually sound like they have some depth to their songs.
I had no idea they had lead guitar parts.
06:54 PM on 06/04/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
they sounded amazing\flawless on Warped Tour
glad the touring guitarists became permanent members
07:14 PM on 06/04/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I had no idea they had lead guitar parts.
listen to the recordings. their are multiple guitar tracks. and a lot of stuff on the record they can't play live with only 1 guitarist. I mean its not exactly leads in the sense of like solos and shit, but its more like melodic harmonies and parts layed over. listen to the beginning of JFC you'll see what I mean.
03:54 PM on 06/05/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
listen to the recordings. their are multiple guitar tracks. and a lot of stuff on the record they can't play live with only 1 guitarist. I mean its not exactly leads in the sense of like solos and shit, but its more like melodic harmonies and parts layed over. listen to the beginning of JFC you'll see what I mean.
I hear you on that.
08:30 AM on 06/06/13
eclown14
User Info.
Death is the only mortal is personal favorite of mine. Sad to see DL go but it makes sense since all he did was recording. I hope they go in the same direction as ditom was and wormwood went bring the meshuggah riffs
08:31 AM on 06/06/13
eclown14
User Info.
and the ex Oceano player guitarist will bring the ruckus!
03:56 PM on 06/06/13
beauvais910
User Info.
Nice
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News