AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Alt Press News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AltPress Interview: Ronnie Radke Of Falling In Reverse (Part 2)

Posted by - 03:09 PM on 06/04/13
AltPress has posted part 2 of its interview with Falling In Reverse frontman, Ronnie Radke. This time, Ronnie discusses his relationships and being a father soon. Watch part 1 here if you missed it, and part 2 is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 93
03:09 PM on 06/04/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
03:23 PM on 06/04/13
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
who let this guy reproduce?
03:45 PM on 06/04/13
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
I'm gonna guess that this is one of those " we're gonna post this as news solely so people can shit on it" posts.
03:58 PM on 06/04/13
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
I'm gonna guess that this is one of those " we're gonna post this as news solely so people can shit on it" posts.
Yep
04:17 PM on 06/04/13
Jake Denning
User Info.

It appears that is the case?
04:18 PM on 06/04/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
AltPress and Ronnie Radke, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G
04:22 PM on 06/04/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
04:25 PM on 06/04/13
zporter92
User Info.
The person giving him directions while driving fucking sucks at the only job they had lol. At least his head seems to be in the right place. Doesn't forgive him for what he's done in the past, but he definitely seems slightly less douchey now. Except for when he said the new record is fantastic, that part made me laugh
04:29 PM on 06/04/13
agreene24
User Info.
I'm gonna feel so bad for that child.
04:49 PM on 06/04/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is something we battle with internally - do we complete our duty as journalists and post all music news relevant to this scene, or do we not post news? For now, we're letting the former win out. There's not an obvious choice here - we pride ourselves on posting up-to-the-minute items, but sometimes, there's popular artists who do receive a ton of negative commentary. So it's tough.

AltPress and Ronnie Radke, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Made me LOL.
04:56 PM on 06/04/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is something we battle with internally - do we complete our duty as journalists and post all music news relevant to this scene, or do we not post news? For now, we're letting the former win out. There's not an obvious choice here - we pride ourselves on posting up-to-the-minute items, but sometimes, there's popular artists who do receive a ton of negative commentary. So it's tough.

Made me LOL.

Maybe if so many of the staff members wouldn't repeatedly go into said theads with the sole intent of talking shit, and stirring more drama, then that would happen less. You can't pretend like its like some debate; you post these items many times using the title/body of the article as a direct way to put down the artists while instantly telling your readers that this is a band you dislike and so therefore they should dislike/talk shit as well to fit in.

Think about it.
05:02 PM on 06/04/13
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
ronnie's really dumb but it seems like he's at least trying to be less of a scumbag
05:12 PM on 06/04/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe if so many of the staff members wouldn't repeatedly go into said theads with the sole intent of talking shit, and stirring more drama, then that would happen less. You can't pretend like its like some debate; you post these items many times using the title/body of the article as a direct way to put down the artists while instantly telling your readers that this is a band you dislike and so therefore they should dislike/talk shit as well to fit in.

Think about it.

I told you it's a debate, because it's LITERALLY a debate we've had. We go back and forth on a daily basis. Also, this post specifically contradicts what you're suggesting - the post is completely news-based, with no opinion whatsover - but the thread's still fallen into negativity, because that's what comes with the artist.

Regarding the editorial twist on news posts, I think we do as much positive as negative. We're a news site, but we're also a forum - we DO show opinions, and I think that's what makes AP.net great. Our staff is HIGHLY transparent, and we always try to let the community know what's going on. Yes, that could theoretically dictate the type of commentary, but I'm far more inclined to believe that the commentary is a result of the actual band/content than the copy.
05:14 PM on 06/04/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.

Think about it.
This has been pointed out in the past, but this is the best way I've seen it articulated. I wholeheartedly agree and think it makes AP look a little immature/unprofessional when news is posted with an intentional jab at whoever the news is about. Now, when the staff comes in under their own name, I see that as a good time to air their grievances and insults because that doesn't censor them but also doesn't necessarily make AP look bad.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos