|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
D & M
1. How did you get your band name?
We abbreviated our names and threw them together, since “Bon Jovi” was already taken.
2. How did this band get started?
The two of us (Danny and Matt) met at our college orientation.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Coldplay, Manchester Orchestra, Brand New, Fun. (even though The Format was better), John Mayer, The Band.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Our dream tour would have to be with “Wings” (for obvious reasons).
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because the songs are awesome!!!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Anderson Silva UFC Middleweight Champion (Danny’s)
Arnold Palmer (Matt’s)
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our fans, Absolute Punk, and our best friends (which by that time should be Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake.)
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would make Pandora/Spotify give artists more than 1/100th of a penny per listen.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We had an amazing time touring with Carter Hulsey last summer. He took us to Waffle House for the first time and our lives haven’t been the same since.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is the best freakin source for music news on the internet. The also give hope to other website that the “.net” ending could still be cool!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our favorite song to play is definitely “Philadelphia” when we’re in Philadelphia. The hometown crowd always brings the best energy.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Not sure yet, but always dreamed of going to the south of France. We’ll be playing there in Cannes this June so we’ll have to let you know!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink 182, The Darkness, Green Day
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Danny: Flight definitely
Matt: I would like to be able to breathe underwater…. But still also above water.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Gin and tonics preferably with Hendricks gin. Also like to get a good sound check, but hey can’t be greedy!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our twitter is actually run by us, not the professional comedian fans assume we must pay for the hilarious jokes and tweets. We tweet those ourselves despite rumors to contrary!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
A band can definitely flourish on the radio if they have a million dollars for a radio campaign. Obviously still a place to “break” major label acts with huge money behind them, but not a place for all the great indie and unsigned artists unfortunately. It’s a shame there aren’t any radical DJ’s anymore. Those guys are what broke rock and roll in the beginning, but now it’s very white-washed. That being said, we would have no problem accepting a million dollars for a white-washed sell-out radio campaign!!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Matt: Loves to golf, read, and horology (watch collecting/studying).
Danny is randomly an MMA-enthusiast and loves to train jiujitsu, exercise, and listens to the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Danny can juggle! Matt despite being a guitar prodigy is also secretly pretty good at drums!