AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Metal News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Behemoth Drop Off Mayhem Festival

Posted by - 08:04 AM on 06/05/13
Behemoth have been forced to cancel their appearance on this summer's Mayhem Festival due to drummer Inferno requiring surgery.
Polandís blackened death metal outfit BEHEMOTH have been forced to cancel their upcoming appearance on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival due to their drummer Inferno taking ill and requiring surgery.

The bandís front-man Nergal comments; "This must have been the most difficult decision we were forced to make in recent years. Behemoth is known for not canceling any shows or tours. But this is not something we can do when we are missing our driving force, the man behind the drums - Inferno. Unfortunately, he was hospitalized due to appendix surgery and it's gonna take him few months to fully recover and get back to shape. We are trying to save selected European Festivals with a fill in drummer (Krimh,ex-Decapitated), but we won't be risking doing a full-on prestigious tour like the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival without Inferno. Behemoth is a solid unit and any part of this unit missing makes us weaker, and that is not how we want to present our new material to our fans. Please, accept our apologies and be patient, we shall return to Europe (this fall) and US (early 2014) empowered and motivated as never before!"

BEHEMOTHís recently announced forthcoming full-length album, The Satanist, is scheduled for a fall 2013 release.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
08:04 AM on 06/05/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Bummer, I was really looking forward to seeing them. Hopefully someone good replaces them.
08:16 AM on 06/05/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Maybe now Fleshgod Apocalypse can play
11:09 AM on 06/05/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm so split on them.
They can be _incredibly_ off. They were ridiculously off at Bloodstock last year. It takes a lot for me to dislike a band live (honestly!) and they were just awful. Watain blew them away in every single possible way and I'm not even a big fan of them.

They should absolutely own a place like Bloodstock, but them being very off and Hatebreed being lauded as the best set of any iteration of the festival sure showed that you simply just need to deliver.
11:17 AM on 06/05/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
And just like that, I no longer feel bad that Mayhem is skipping St. Louis this year. Especially since Amon Amarth is doing an off-date show in St. Louis.
11:57 AM on 06/05/13
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
That sucks, they were one of the best bands of the day in 09. I'll still be there though. Born of Osiris, Machine Head, Amon Amarth, and Rob Zombie are enough for me.
12:41 PM on 06/05/13
MarquisInSpades
User Info.
I feel like I remember someone saying they saw them and it ruled.
03:48 PM on 06/05/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
replace em with a good band
cannot stand bible-ripping bs metal bands
03:53 PM on 06/05/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
replace em with a good band
cannot stand bible-ripping bs metal bands
They're probably one of the best metal acts I've seen live but to each their own I guess.
06:22 PM on 06/05/13
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
User Info.
I saw them once when I was younger. Worst show I've ever been to but I found them entertaining. My favorite part was when they ripped the bible.
06:22 PM on 06/05/13
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
User Info.
I saw them once when I was younger. Worst show I've ever been to but at I found them entertaining. My favorite part was when they ripped the bible.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos