Username
Password
The Ataris News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
03:47 PM on 06/05/13
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
Wow these comments are harsh. I for one is ready for the new album, but from interviews and Mike Herrera's podcast, the album is coming. Ataris have been MIA in the scene for a while now and from what I gather Kris wants to put out an album that will bring them back. Mind you they are doing this all on their own with only Paper + Plastick releasing the album I believe.
As far as drugs and drinking, I can't speak on behalf of him, but in interviews he said he doesn't do either. Then again I don't know personally.
However, I will wait for a new album, because the songs on bandcamp sound amazing.
03:49 PM on 06/05/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
Mountain View not San Francisco -_-
will watch for nostalgia & kris roe bitch fits
04:10 PM on 06/05/13
s2h72
User Info.
Kris must need cocaine money.

04:11 PM on 06/05/13
Kid Defender
Typo
User Info.
Wow these comments are harsh. I for one is ready for the new album, but from interviews and Mike Herrera's podcast, the album is coming. Ataris have been MIA in the scene for a while now and from what I gather Kris wants to put out an album that will bring them back. Mind you they are doing this all on their own with only Paper + Plastick releasing the album I believe.
As far as drugs and drinking, I can't speak on behalf of him, but in interviews he said he doesn't do either. Then again I don't know personally.
However, I will wait for a new album, because the songs on bandcamp sound amazing.

Yeah no kidding in response to harsh comments thing. The assholes ragging on Kris' appearance and whatever else are just the kind of people that I can't stand in the music world-it makes them look like complete douchebags. Anyways, I'll still pick up the new Ataris disc... Whenever the hell it comes out. I wish Kris would address what the hell the holdup is with this record. It's hard to think back to seeing these guys play sold out shows in South Florida over ten years ago to where they,or I guess i should say Kris, is now...
04:47 PM on 06/05/13
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
Best news. Made my day.

Full band??
05:40 PM on 06/05/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Nobody at the shows.
No record to release.
Now Kris ain't got no hair.
Fame's just out of reach.
Empty shows. Losing teeth.
Kris Roe goes down alone.
Next up is his house, ebaying everything he owns.

Hey Rob Pending, better look out for that drum.
Kris Roe's real mad and he's acting like a baby.
I can tell you, my love for you would still be strong
If you'd stop doing meth and release a song.
I'll give you some love for coming up with that. Gotta force a few of the lines to make it work, but I never would have taken the time to do it, so props.
05:54 PM on 06/05/13
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
Yeah no kidding in response to harsh comments thing. The assholes ragging on Kris' appearance and whatever else are just the kind of people that I can't stand in the music world-it makes them look like complete douchebags. Anyways, I'll still pick up the new Ataris disc... Whenever the hell it comes out. I wish Kris would address what the hell the holdup is with this record. It's hard to think back to seeing these guys play sold out shows in South Florida over ten years ago to where they,or I guess i should say Kris, is now...

Listen to Mike Herrera from Mxpx's podcast with him. He explains a little bit on the hold up http://mikeherrerabestlife.tumblr.co...-to-manchester
06:05 PM on 06/05/13
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why do they rarely play shows in Indiana? They're from fuckin' Anderson.
07:28 PM on 06/05/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I mean, yes... but he's been saying all of these things for NEARLY FOUR YEARS NOW. They're all empty promises until he puts a product on the shelf.
08:50 PM on 06/05/13
Mikeystough
User Info.
The were washed up and boring when I saw them last fall, a few days before the famed freak out. It was sad, because they were the only band I knew on the tour package, and the only one that didn't blow me away. Flatfoot 56 stole the show.
09:21 PM on 06/05/13
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
sigh. everything that has been released from the new album so far sounds so good.

one day....
04:23 AM on 06/06/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
New record is going to get the attention of A LOT of people here at ap.net at least. I can already tell because the 3 new songs released so far were really good. Plus, the re-recording of Fast Times At Dropout High made the song even better than it was
05:11 AM on 06/06/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
Best news. Made my day.

Full band??
yeah, it will be full band, and Kris will also be playing the acoustic tent, i believe.
05:14 AM on 06/06/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
i'll always eat up anything The Ataris put out. they were one of the first bands that got me into the punk rock scene, and they were also one of the bands that got me into writing music. also, every time i have met Kris, he has been way more than kind and has talked to me until i said that i had to take off. he even let me play a drum part on stage with them the last time they came through town. i'll always love Kris and his music and i'm not really sure why he gets such a bad wrap. but whatever, he rules.

09:28 AM on 06/06/13
Christopher N
User Info.
Fuck Kris Roe forever.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles