Username
Password
The Ataris News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 36 of 36.
09:46 AM on 06/06/13
Ashe
You need a mortician baby
User Info.
i'll always eat up anything The Ataris put out. they were one of the first bands that got me into the punk rock scene, and they were also one of the bands that got me into writing music. also, every time i have met Kris, he has been way more than kind and has talked to me until i said that i had to take off. he even let me play a drum part on stage with them the last time they came through town. i'll always love Kris and his music and i'm not really sure why he gets such a bad wrap. but whatever, he rules.

He gets a bad wrap because sometimes hes a dick. I was obsessed with this band back in the day (even had an Ataris shirt on in my Senior picture....*cringe*). He came to Ohio University when I was attending there and did a solo acoustic show at a small dive bar and i was so excited I couldnt function. Well he then proceeded to essentially talk shit about everyone for coming to the show to listen to these old songs. The long and short of it was "LOL you guys actually like old ataris songs? welp, they are garbage and I am going to half ass my way through them and talk about how bad they are after each song". I left after 3 songs. Fuck this idiot.
09:56 AM on 06/06/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
He gets a bad wrap because sometimes hes a dick. I was obsessed with this band back in the day (even had an Ataris shirt on in my Senior picture....*cringe*). He came to Ohio University when I was attending there and did a solo acoustic show at a small dive bar and i was so excited I couldnt function. Well he then proceeded to essentially talk shit about everyone for coming to the show to listen to these old songs. The long and short of it was "LOL you guys actually like old ataris songs? welp, they are garbage and I am going to half ass my way through them and talk about how bad they are after each song". I left after 3 songs. Fuck this idiot.
sometimes he might be a dick. everyone has bad nights. but i would put money on the fact that he's probably generally a nice guy. i've only had great experiences. i feel bad that you and others have had bad ones.
10:02 AM on 06/06/13
Aperi Oculos
find me a place to begin
User Info.
go bobcats
03:07 PM on 06/06/13
SevenAM
User Info.
I can't imagine they would draw much of a crowd in 2013, I wonder if they get any royalties for thier cover of Boys of Summer. it's the only song from them they still play on the radio here, its their biggest hit and it's not even their song lol.
11:27 PM on 06/06/13
greganddistance
User Info.
Nobody at the shows.
No record to release.
Now Kris ain't got no hair.
Fame's just out of reach.
Empty shows. Losing teeth.
Kris Roe goes down alone.
Next up is his house, ebaying everything he owns.

Hey Rob Pending, better look out for that drum.
Kris Roe's real mad and he's acting like a baby.
I can tell you, my love for you would still be strong
If you'd stop doing meth and release a song.

/thread
03:06 AM on 06/13/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
i'll always eat up anything The Ataris put out. they were one of the first bands that got me into the punk rock scene, and they were also one of the bands that got me into writing music. also, every time i have met Kris, he has been way more than kind and has talked to me until i said that i had to take off. he even let me play a drum part on stage with them the last time they came through town. i'll always love Kris and his music and i'm not really sure why he gets such a bad wrap. but whatever, he rules.

This is awesome. Lucky you.

I'll always have Kris' back. I've only ever had great experiences when I've seen/met him. The new Ataris songs are fucking great (isn't that what they should be judged on, not his appearance or personal life??). I'm (biased, yes, but also) super stoked for the new album when it does eventually come out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS