AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Pacifico - 06.05.13

Interviewed by
Pacifico - 06.05.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Pacifico

www.pacificorock.com

1. How did you get your band name?

From the album "Pacifico", and song "Kisses and Bounties" by the band The Lassie Foundation

2. How did this band get started?

It started as a side project for me and former Drummer Joel Walker and as we grew it became a full-time passion.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Starflyer 59, Radiohead, The Beatles, Oasis, Weezer...etc.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

What a great question...I would love to do a tour with bands like Weezer, Foo Fighters and Superdrag I think - cause I think we would get along well and our sounds would compliment each other well

5. Best food to eat on tour?

BBQ hands down! A good friend of mine said, "you can tell the difference between the good and the bad BBQ places by the Pig, the good BBQ places have a smiling pig".

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Well, if they like catchy, personal, thought provoking music then we are your band.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

I would want to play baseball - I'm a Braves fan and my favorite player was Dale Murphy growing up...so him?

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

God, my girl, my family, my friends, my fans, and everyone that said I would never get here cause they just pushed me harder.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

I would take away or limit all the great inventions we have so that people who have no musical talent wouldn't over saturate the market.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Best tour experience was touring with The Almost and getting to be in the Capitol Records building and touring on a bus

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

It's the best source for alternative and indie music.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

"I've Finally Found What I'm Looking For" from our new album "Without Heroes"

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Let's go to Hawaii!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Motown and the Beatles.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

To fly - I love flying in planes! I hope to get my license one day, and it would save on a ton of money when traveling

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Warm up the pipes and pray for a good show.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

2 things: I knew VERY little music outside Christian and Classical music until I was 15 / I hardly know any cover songs

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

I wish radio would play new music but it seems like the old format of radio is becoming something of the past and things like Pandora and Spotify are taking over - so no i don't think i could flourish there

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

I love cooking, watching movies, and reading.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Non music related...I am a good cook, and kinda funny? - I have no idea - seems God put all my eggs in one basket.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version