Username
Password
Hip-Hop News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hip-Hop
Inside AP.net

Stream J. Cole's New Album, "Born Sinner"

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/07/13)
You can now stream J. Cole's new album, Born Sinner, here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 70
08:50 PM on 06/07/13
swimbearswim
living.
User Info.
Played this during my gym routine today. I love it. Chaining Day is great.
09:10 PM on 06/07/13
punchedbyagirl
blaremagazine.com // Josh
User Info.
Such a solid album. Lovin' the Cults and Biggie samples.
09:15 PM on 06/07/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
"i dont mean no disrespect whenever i say ******, okay ******?"

this first song is horrible. i just want to punch this dude in the face
09:20 PM on 06/07/13
madera217
User Info.
"i dont mean no disrespect whenever i say ******, okay ******?"

this first song is horrible. i just want to punch this dude in the face

I think the song as a whole is pretty damn awesome though I can see how you're upset with the line. Album kills.
09:22 PM on 06/07/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I think the song as a whole is pretty damn awesome though I can see how you're upset with the line. Album kills.
i'm more upset with the "that was just a joke to show how homophobic you are" line. i probably wont bother with the rest now.
09:30 PM on 06/07/13
madera217
User Info.
i'm more upset with the "that was just a joke to show how homophobic you are" line. i probably wont bother with the rest now.

I looked up some meaning behind it on rap genius and it helped give me some insight on what his motives behind the lines might be. You may be too far gone, but it's an interesting perspective nonetheless. I'm a huge j cole fan and love this album and would hate for someone to pass judgment on j cole/miss out on the rest of the album based on a line. But once again, can totally understand your stance.
09:41 PM on 06/07/13
swimbearswim
living.
User Info.
I believe the track is supposed to be borderline offensive. Use of that "f" word, "retards," and the metaphor about the C4 emphasizes the title of the track. It's all on political correctness/sensitivity. "It's way darker this time."
12:04 AM on 06/08/13
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
I would but I don't feel like going to sleep just yet.
04:56 AM on 06/08/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Christ. There you go again. Expressing your disdain for any artist that comes close to expressing what could be considered a homophobic slur while you yourself constantly talk about and compliment other artist who belittle and demean women by calling them bitches and treating them like objects. Check this link please. You don't have to keep talking about how much you hate this stuff - you've already made your opinion quite clear. Please stop.
05:09 AM on 06/08/13
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Jesus...get off your high horse. I'm by no means a J Cole fan but this is good hip hop. well done
05:14 AM on 06/08/13
Mikeallover
User Info.
One of the few rap artists I actually like.
06:14 AM on 06/08/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I guess I'm the only one who thought this album was pretty mediocre. Maybe I need to listen again.
07:43 AM on 06/08/13
Ryan Dennehy
Christ. There you go again. Expressing your disdain for any artist that comes close to expressing what could be considered a homophobic slur while you yourself constantly talk about and compliment other artist who belittle and demean women by calling them bitches and treating them like objects. Check this link please. You don't have to keep talking about how much you hate this stuff - you've already made your opinion quite clear. Please stop.

1. J. Cole is directly "addressing" concerns about homophobia in hip hop, most of the rappers you refer to are not evaluating the condition of women in hip hop.
2. J. Cole is rapping poorly about homophobia. His words are convoluted and useless. It's not even forgivable on technical grounds.
3. Jake is allowed to set up a hierarchy for what he is concerned about if he so chooses - being upset with one is not being "okay" with another. You don't have to agree with it, but it certainly doesn't make him a hypocrite if that's what he's doing, which I don't think he is.
4. Jake is consistently a voice for changing the culture of misogyny and homophobia in hip hop.
07:44 AM on 06/08/13
Ryan Dennehy
I guess I'm the only one who thought this album was pretty mediocre. Maybe I need to listen again.
Nope, I made it less than three songs in before turning it off. Dude's boring.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests