Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
05:15 AM on 06/17/13
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
Their last album did not do much for me. I liked it OK but not nearly as much as some and I wouldn't have really called myself a "fan."

Fast forward to this album and it's an instant classic in my eyes after 1 listen when it came out last week. I seriously even doubted listening to it because the last album got tons of praise heaped on it and I was disappointed. I saw lots of praise for this one as well decided to at least give the stream a shot and was floored. I bought the album after 1 song and then continued listening haha.

The juxtaposition of his vocals with the music absolutely make this record.

A 10/10 is not unreasonable for this record, even if you weren't already a fan. Personally for me it is a 9/10.
06:05 AM on 06/17/13
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
Anyway, I like the sound of this band a lot. The thing is, for me, the vocals don't add anything to / don't even fit the music.

It's not because I can't understand them all. Let's take MBV's as an example. While I don't get most of them, they are perfect for the dreamy ambience.

The vocals add a TON to this album and are the perfect pair in my opinion. On top of the already phenomenal mix of music, the vocals really tip the scale toward something that feels fresh, even if the individual elements that make up this album are somewhat familiar on their own terms.
05:21 AM on 07/18/13
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
still my AOTY so far personally. It is not a perfect album, but I still haven't found something to top it for me this year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos