Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
09:29 AM on 06/10/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
a 10/10 across the board? come on man. you're clearly just a fan.

creativity, musicianship, lyrics, lasting value all given a 10/10? that's ridiculous. It's almost as if you believe that a band has never recorded a conversation before...wow that's just 10/10 creative right there... It's a shame that your biased love for this band stopped you from writing something true.
ugh.
10:00 AM on 06/10/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
i agree that this album is exceptional, but 100% implies that this album is completely flawless/the best album there is. i can't get behind that... when your job is to provide an unbiased review of an album, i think you fall a little short this time around. all that aside, it's a great fucking record.

EDIT: totally not trying to take a shot at you or anything... just don't agree with the 100%.
no review is unbiased.
10:30 AM on 06/10/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
lol. you can't actually think this deserves a ten in every category. i understand the review is subjective but you are implying there is nothing that is more creative, displays more skilled musicianship, or is better produced than this which is ridiculous. this is a fairly generic nu-black metal release. everything they do here has been done before. maybe they do it better or with more consistency or it simply hits you the hardest but your scoring is just stupid.
Or he just liked it that much and you're thinking too hard about that number over there. Jesus guys.
07:52 AM on 06/11/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
exactly he was basing the scores on how much he liked it. i think a review should be more than just a personal reflection on how the music moved you. personal preference should not determine the whole score and course of the review. since personal attatchment varies between each person it is useless in scoring the album. however there are some factors that remain true regardless of who is listening. a record should be examined by what went into not solely what one person takes out of it. factors like creativity, complexity, skill, and authenticity should be what a review is based around. there is no exact way of determining those factors but i think there clearly is difference between recordings that can be noticed. aps rating system is designed to force the reviewer to view the record objectively. clearly he just put in all 10s because he liked it not because its what it actually deserved. my favorite records or the records which i would call 10s in terms of personal attatchement are far from 10s if i were to review them.
you're missing the point: he gave it that score because he thought the record deserved it. maybe you don't, and that's fine. get over it.
04:24 PM on 06/17/13
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
hey, what are the other 2 or so best albums from the past 5 or so years that you referred to? highly curious
Bon Iver, Bon Iver and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos